More threads by Jac

Jac

Solutions
Reaction score
I see a few businesses are getting reviews from their customers successfully posted.

Review replies are now available. New user reviews, new user photos, new short names, and Q&A will gradually return by country and business category.

Should be a matter of just waiting it out now. Maybe they will go out with a date set in stone when everything will be back to normal, but I doubt that.

Reactions: Jac
We're seeing them publish now (since Friday) on retail listings but I have not seen any reviews from the last 3 weeks publish yet.

Looks like Google is starting to turn some GMB features back on. Checking in my GMB dashboard today, it looks like reviews and review replies have been reinstated.

Q&As are still disabled and other edits are still not being published. I've also noticed that some of the COVID-19 notices on medical businesses have been removed.

Is anyone else seeing the return of any other features?

I see them returned for Groceries stores, Restaurants.

Yes, Google started allowing new reviews on April 9th. We are seeing more and more businesses and categories able to get them each day. Google is not sending out new review notifications at them moment, so you will need to manually check your listings or use a service.

Yes, Google started allowing new reviews on April 9th. We are seeing more and more businesses and categories able to get them each day. Google is not sending out new review notifications at them moment, so you will need to manually check your listings or use a service.

Great, Your reply is appreciated. Do you see reviews going live on services category?

I haven't seen any new reviews coming in on self-storage facilities yet but our GMB edits are processing much faster and our new locations are getting verified again. Hopefully reviews aren't far behind.

Reviews and replies have been turned back on for all of the listings we manage (mostly personal injury lawyers) but new reviews are still not being published, so it looks like we are still ways out from a return to full functionality. However, I have noticed that other GMB edits are being published much faster, so that is also a positive sign.

On 2 places I can see that only 1 star are live during past month.

Today I noticed that 60 new reviews are now in my dashboard, all from March. I'm in the security alarm industry/home services category in case that helps anyone here.

Today I noticed that 60 new reviews are now in my dashboard, all from March. I'm in the security alarm industry/home services category in case that helps anyone here.

Hi BFleming, this is really a big help on update side. Good to hear that back date reviews are not lost. Did this happen today or yesterday.

I have a new review for my "Candle Store" left on April 26th and received an email from Google almost 48 hours after it had been left.

How many industries would you guys say are seeing new reviews?

And is everyone seeing the case that reviews left during the down period are being published? I was a little concerned those reviews might not end up showing up for one reason or another. But everyone is seeing them publish?

Yep, reviews are returning slowly. Each week we're seeing more and more. They also updated the messaging in their help center to say that old reviews will be publishing.

What % would you say have the normal function of publishing reviews as soon as they are left?

I'm not sure I can answer that accurately. Out of the ones we manage, the majority are still turned off.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom