More threads by klharris08

klharris08

Solutions
Reaction score
Pulling content from the website and beyond into GBP. Pay from Indeed, reviews from Yelp.

2023-07-31_15-13-18.jpg

Solution
Okay, after some investigation, I have to conclude that what's going on is that Google wants to put in a brand business panel next to this threepack (as it would for any other chain), but for some ungodly reason it pulls in a GBP profile instead of a Knowledge Graph entity. Or it somehow merged that specific GBP with the entity, as you see in some mixed panels, such as for universities or touristic attractions.

The really fascinating part is that this seems to occur only in very specific locales? Geolocating for "Parma, OH" or "Solon" doesn't work. Pepper pike gets it, but move one over again at Hunting Valley and it doesn't do it anymore.

Truly buckwild.
This is very strange, because the CIRCUMSTANCES of this panel showing up. This is "banter by piercing pagoda" centered in North Olmstead with GS location changer. I dunno about you but I for one have never seen a GBP panel show up next to a threepack before:
1691165593319.jpg

Curiouser and curiouser. If I specify "banter by piercing pagoda north olsmead", these accordion sections disappear and I get a normal panel:
1691165742330.jpg

Okay, after some investigation, I have to conclude that what's going on is that Google wants to put in a brand business panel next to this threepack (as it would for any other chain), but for some ungodly reason it pulls in a GBP profile instead of a Knowledge Graph entity. Or it somehow merged that specific GBP with the entity, as you see in some mixed panels, such as for universities or touristic attractions.

The really fascinating part is that this seems to occur only in very specific locales? Geolocating for "Parma, OH" or "Solon" doesn't work. Pepper pike gets it, but move one over again at Hunting Valley and it doesn't do it anymore.

Truly buckwild.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom