More threads by dteb

dteb

Reaction score
I have a client that just moved to a new physical location a few miles away.

On the client's phone Apple Maps shows the updated address, but when they start navigation it takes them to the old address.

I've had a few people try to replicate the issue, and theirs works fine. However, they do not live in the same city.

Has anyone encountered something like this before?

Thank you for any insights!

Solution
Hi there,

A couple of questions:

1) Has your client saved the location in Apple Maps as a "Favorite"? If yes, ask them to delete the place from "Favorites" and then restart the app.
2) Is the address formatted correctly? E.g., are street and suite number listed in two different lines, or just separated by a comma in the same line? If this is the case, reformat the listing address, wait until the changes show in the place card and let your client try again.
3) Lastly, and if this only happened to one person, it could be an issue with their phone GPS or WiFi and not actually an Apple Maps issue. Ask them to turn off their WiFi and try again with cellular data.

If the issue persists, and you have worked off all the boxes above...
Hi there,

A couple of questions:

1) Has your client saved the location in Apple Maps as a "Favorite"? If yes, ask them to delete the place from "Favorites" and then restart the app.
2) Is the address formatted correctly? E.g., are street and suite number listed in two different lines, or just separated by a comma in the same line? If this is the case, reformat the listing address, wait until the changes show in the place card and let your client try again.
3) Lastly, and if this only happened to one person, it could be an issue with their phone GPS or WiFi and not actually an Apple Maps issue. Ask them to turn off their WiFi and try again with cellular data.

If the issue persists, and you have worked off all the boxes above, I would try submitting this error as feedback directly on the Apple Maps app to Apple. They are usually pretty good at looking into these issues & resolve the matter within days, should this be an error on their end.

I hope this helps! Let us know if any of these tips were helpful.

Vera

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom