Tiggerito

Reaction score
I'm not using UTM parameters, but do use a query param in my GMB links and I can see them to this day in GSC as separate pages.

Do your pages contain canonical tags?

Here's Google's announcement of the shift to reporting via canonicals. It indicates the reporting is based on Google's own choice of what is the canonical.

GMB is its own thing in search results. The URLs it uses don't have to be in the index. Maybe their system does not do the canonicalisation for those entries as it may not have the data to work out the canonical.

pony

Reaction score
GMB is its own thing in search results. The URLs it uses don't have to be in the index. Maybe their system does not do the canonicalisation for those entries as it may not have the data to work out the canonical.

This seems to be the case actually, although I am not positive. The pages with and without the query param both canonicalize back to the page without the params yet I still see both in the pages tab of the performance report in GSC.

Tiggerito

Reaction score
This seems to be the case actually, although I am not positive. The pages with and without the query param both canonicalize back to the page without the params yet I still see both in the pages tab of the performance report in GSC.
Goog to know. In fact it's probably a good thing. This should mean that the only way that parameterised URL can show in GSC is when it is used as a link from a GMB listing.

j_holtslander

Reaction score
Confirming that the links are still untouched by Apple and still working.
But this sure proves that not a lot of website visits come from Apple Maps.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 2.16.19 PM.png

j_holtslander

Reaction score
Interesting aside: The highest clicks are from more remote/rural areas. Big city people are less likely to use Apple Maps I guess(?)

Eoghan_MFeed

Reaction score
Confirming that the links are still untouched by Apple and still working.
But this sure proves that not a lot of website visits come from Apple Maps.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 2.16.19 PM.png
Not surprising given it's more dominant navigation utility vs. Google search/maps which search/discovery research AND navigation.

I am hopeful the day will soon come when Apple Maps releases its click for direction / call / view insights, I'm sure of it and make sure to ask every time we meet!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Apple Maps With Call Tracking Number On Website Citations 4
PaulSteinbrueck Apple Maps requiring verification every login? Local Search 3
Eoghan_MFeed Does anybody have any idea how many users Apple Maps actually has? Local Search 0
CraigJMount Mobility Reports- Apple Maps & Google Maps Local Search 2
Chaddow Changes to Apple Maps data sources what will this mean ? Local Search 2
A Apple Maps misspellings Citations 6
Scott Rawlins Issues with Apple Maps Phone Verification Local Search 16
djbaxter Apple Maps: Verifying and SABs Service Area Businesses 5
Rich Owings Apple Maps is so slow to correct errors Local Search 3
dlee325 Apple Maps erroneously marking businesses as Closed - Anyone else have this issue? Local Search 4
J Crawling Apple Maps Connect? Citations 3
Phil Rozek New Apple Maps subdirectory? Local Search 3
wilfredorojas Re: Apple Maps now has public webpages for some landmarks & POI Recycle Bin 0
Margaret Ornsby Apple Maps now has public webpages for some landmarks & POI Local Search 1
BrendanT How are you managing Apple Maps Connect across a bunch of clients? Consultant's Corner 7
BWrightTLM Apple Maps Address is Wrong Local Search 13
Tim Sweeney Apple Maps Categories Local Search 1
C Apple Maps Connect - No Hide Address Option Local Search 5
JoshuaMackens Apple Maps - Indexable Listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
B Citation Building - Include Bing Places & Apple Maps? Citations 1
T Where does Apple Maps get its data from? Local Search 7
DanLeibson Apple Maps Launches Self Service Listing Portal Local Search 24
L Apple "Maps" and Wrong Directions Local Search 8
Chris McCreery YP.ca Apple Maps Hi-jacked Listings Local Search 0
johncrenshaw Change Apple Maps Marker Location Local Search 1
David Fesler Australia Police discourage use of Apple Maps Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
Linda Buquet Wow - Google Maps has Team of Over 7000 - Apple is Hiring Up Local Search 1
Local Search News Curator Apple Maps: What It Means For Local Search Local Search 14
Colan Nielsen NEW Free Apple Listing Management For Brands With 20+ Locations LSF News and Announcements 0
O Apple Business Register Stuck in Pending Organic SEO 2
Lluc Apple Business Register Feedback And Recommendations Local Search 16
j_holtslander "Suggest an edit" = "Apple My Business"?! Local Search 1
T WTS New Apple iPad 3 Wi-Fi + 4G 64GB-$350, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000, Nokia N950 Recycle Bin 0
T Buy Brand New Apple Iphone 5 64GB, Nokia Lumnia 920, Samsung Galaxy S3 Unlocked Recycle Bin 0
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
R Map pin and get directions discrepancy Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 2
S How to remove a GMB from maps of a previous owner who ran 3 businesses from the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
D Google Maps, Years in Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Vickyboli Google maps pin misplaced Google My Business & Google Maps 6
L Google Maps 'Details' section - Can you add to this or edit? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Ryan Steinolfson How do you get the business name to show up next to the map pin? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Map Pack Ads for Service Area Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Decreased traffic to Google maps due to local service ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
J Why is my label in Google Maps blue instead of red? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
K New Real Estate (apartments) on Google Maps Local Search 2
Professor M Google Maps and Google My Business Big Changes - Google Maps Local News Feed Google My Business & Google Maps 26
H Home page and create map Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Professor M Google Maps Update - live status of takeout and delivery orders when you book or order from Google Maps on Android and iOS Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Yandex Maps and NAP Consistency NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5