Tiggerito

Reaction score
I'm not using UTM parameters, but do use a query param in my GMB links and I can see them to this day in GSC as separate pages.

Do your pages contain canonical tags?

Here's Google's announcement of the shift to reporting via canonicals. It indicates the reporting is based on Google's own choice of what is the canonical.

GMB is its own thing in search results. The URLs it uses don't have to be in the index. Maybe their system does not do the canonicalisation for those entries as it may not have the data to work out the canonical.

pony

Reaction score
GMB is its own thing in search results. The URLs it uses don't have to be in the index. Maybe their system does not do the canonicalisation for those entries as it may not have the data to work out the canonical.

This seems to be the case actually, although I am not positive. The pages with and without the query param both canonicalize back to the page without the params yet I still see both in the pages tab of the performance report in GSC.

Tiggerito

Reaction score
This seems to be the case actually, although I am not positive. The pages with and without the query param both canonicalize back to the page without the params yet I still see both in the pages tab of the performance report in GSC.
Goog to know. In fact it's probably a good thing. This should mean that the only way that parameterised URL can show in GSC is when it is used as a link from a GMB listing.

j_holtslander

Reaction score
Confirming that the links are still untouched by Apple and still working.
But this sure proves that not a lot of website visits come from Apple Maps.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 2.16.19 PM.png

j_holtslander

Reaction score
Interesting aside: The highest clicks are from more remote/rural areas. Big city people are less likely to use Apple Maps I guess(?)

Eoghan_MFeed

Reaction score
Confirming that the links are still untouched by Apple and still working.
But this sure proves that not a lot of website visits come from Apple Maps.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 2.16.19 PM.png
Not surprising given it's more dominant navigation utility vs. Google search/maps which search/discovery research AND navigation.

I am hopeful the day will soon come when Apple Maps releases its click for direction / call / view insights, I'm sure of it and make sure to ask every time we meet!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Most UpVoted Answers

LocalU Podcasts

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom