More threads by Imran Ali

Imran Ali

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if you could help. When a Google visitor views the GMB Knowledge Panel on the right hand side of the page and clicks the "Website" button it takes our users to the Local Page URL of that GMB listing. Does Google Analytics track this as an "Organic" or "Direct" session? I've had conflicting information including the article below which appears to indicate it incorrectly applies these clicks to Direct traffic?

Are you getting credit for all of your organic visits from GMB? - Search Engine Land

Many Thanks In Advance,

Imran

I believe Greg Gifford mentioned recently that he tested this and found all mobile traffic from GMB was classified as Direct. All the more reason to use UTM codes like Yan suggested.

I believe Greg Gifford mentioned recently that he tested this and found all mobile traffic from GMB was classified as Direct. All the more reason to use UTM codes like Yan suggested.

Hi Joy, many thanks for your response. How can I test this? I reluctantly accept desktop traffic does indeed appear to register from the organic medium but mobile traffic? Would I use the real-time feature of analytics, phone in hand?

Thanks,

Imran

Yep, that's how I would do it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom