More threads by Conor Treacy

Solutions
Reaction score
I was on Bing earlier today as I was updating the Bing Places for someone and I noticed that when I did a search, Bing doesn't show an Ad Box or Ad flag on the first couple of listings. Not sure if it's been that way for a while, if this is a test, or if it's something new.

It caught me off guard when I had done a search for the business name and found them listed 3rd rather than 1st. Sure enough, ran the search on our business and we're in "3rd" also as there were two ads above us. No differentiating text between the PPC and the Organic Listing.

Thought it was very odd.

I'm not sure what forum to put this in as it's not just Local Search, but that seemed like the most fitting category.

bing-search-results-20210810.jpg

There is a tiny little "ad" box right under the green URL but you almost have to squint to see it. It's really easy to miss, which I'm sure is intentional.

Holy crap, there it is! I swear both myself and coworker looked at this and didn't see it.

Talk about hiding in plain sight!!

This thread topic should probably be modified and chalked up to user error.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom