More threads by knowthegeek

knowthegeek

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm having an issue with Google's "view reviews" link on mobile. When the link loads on mobile, it's a blank white page, but it loads just fine fine on desktop. :unsure:
I've checked a few Place_IDs on different mobile phones as well as in Chrome's inspect tool choosing a mobile view port and the behavior is the same [blank]. Has anyone else experienced this recently?

Link in question (but you'll have to supply your own Place_ID at the end)- https://search.google.com/local/reviews?placeid=

Hello,

I'm having an issue with Google's "view reviews" link on mobile. When the link loads on mobile, it's a blank white page, but it loads just fine fine on desktop. :unsure:
I've checked a few Place_IDs on different mobile phones as well as in Chrome's inspect tool choosing a mobile view port and the behavior is the same [blank]. Has anyone else experienced this recently?

Link in question (but you'll have to supply your own Place_ID at the end)- https://search.google.com/local/reviews?placeid=

Have you tried a different browser such as Safari on mobile? Did you have the same issue?

Is this an SAB?

No, none are SAB.
You can use any Place_ID you'd like and it still loads a blank page on mobile.
Here's an example using a McDonald's in Manhattan- https://search.google.com/local/reviews?placeid=ChIJhT6eMlZYwokRUlEXJqZqJjY

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 7.54.12 AM.png

That McDonald's URL loads just fine for me: Windows 10, desktop, Firefox.

Ah yes... you even stated that in the OP. Sorry.

Tried Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Edge on iPhone 8+ with iOS 14.0.1

Can confirm they all display a blank page.

knowthegeek, I am curious why you don't use the g.page review link for your clients?

My understanding is that the g.page link was supposed to work across all platforms unlike the placeid links.

knowthegeek, I am curious why you don't use the g.page review link for your clients?

My understanding is that the g.page link was supposed to work across all platforms unlike the placeid links.

The g.page links are relatively new (year or so?) and the Place_ID links have been around for much longer. Also, the Place_ID link works whether you have a short name created or not. So, I opt to use Place_ID (and cid links for other things) because I know those identifications numbers never change (unless the GMB listing is merged or something out of the ordinary like that).

According to Google's support document on how to create review links the Place_ID method will still be supported along side with the newer g.page method, so I'm hopeful that functionality will return soon. If it doesn't, the team and I are going to have to update a ton of websites!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom