More threads by liorenda

liorenda

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a client with a bulk account containing over 500 listings. Up until recently, we were able to create new listings without any sort of verification. Alas, now we're required to send a verification postcard to a newly created listing.
Is this verification method going to be permanent, or will it return to be verification-free once I verify a new listing via a postcard?

Thanks in advance,
Lior

Hello Lior

If you have a bulk-verified account that includes brick-and-mortar locations and try to change a location to a service area or add a new location that is a service area, it will revert to ‘manual verification required’ which is most likely what is going on now.

It's possible that they will need verification for all new listings that are created as Google wants to ensure that the data you are publishing is correct.

Hello Lior

If you have a bulk-verified account that includes brick-and-mortar locations and try to change a location to a service area or add a new location that is a service area, it will revert to ‘manual verification required’ which is most likely what is going on now.

It's possible that they will need verification for all new listings that are created as Google wants to ensure that the data you are publishing is correct.
Thanks for the answer!
All the locations are brick-and-mortar. We did not change any of them to SA.
Any idea why this sudden change of verification policy?

Hey there - I have seen a few similar posts like this on the GMB forum recently. I am going to be asking the team about this. Have you posted there? If you can include the link to your org account and a summary of your account (total verified listings, how many need to be verified). Send over the post and i'll include this in my escalation.

Hey there - I have seen a few similar posts like this on the GMB forum recently. I am going to be asking the team about this. Have you posted there? If you can include the link to your org account and a summary of your account (total verified listings, how many need to be verified). Send over the post and i'll include this in my escalation.
Thanks for answering!
I'm seeing various posts in the GMB forum about changes in the verification process (plus complaints that the postcards don't arrive for many).
What do you mean by escalation?

Thanks for answering!
I'm seeing various posts in the GMB forum about changes in the verification process (plus complaints that the postcards don't arrive for many).
What do you mean by escalation?
For example, here is one of the GMB threads I have sent to the team to investigate. If you are experiencing the same thing you can follow this for updates or create one of your own that I can share with Google.

Hi we
For example, here is one of the GMB threads I have sent to the team to investigate. If you are experiencing the same thing you can follow this for updates or create one of your own that I can share with Google.
Hi Krystaltaing

We are an vacation rental agency in Cape Town.

We have to Agency listings verified on GMB.

And about ten vacation homes. Another three were added but I cannot verify them. More later.

I now decided to work hard on GMB. And want to populate a spreadsheet with another 15 or more homes.

But it will be a waste if I cannot verify them.

I am in South Africa. Our postal system is beyond useless. And send a post card to a vacation home is not ideal as guests may not care, or their is no one to receive it.

So, I am pretty frustrated with my inability to find an solution to verify my vacation homes and the new ones I want to add.

Should I rather give it up?

Or is there a way to get it done?

I have Contacted GMB support a few times but am being ignored.

Here is a link to my account
Add or claim your business on Google My Business - Computer - Google My Business Help

Hi @johanhorak in theory, vacation rentals are not eligible for a Google My Business.

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 15.58.22.jpg

Some background on the matter: Google: Vacation Rental Test Does Not Change Google My Business Guidelines

Here is Google's documentation for Holiday rentals: How to integrate with Vacation Rentals - Hotel Center Help

Last week, at Google's Marketing Livestream 2021 they were some announcements made that might be of interest to you.

Txs. Odd. 😳 Google must have changed something. I read references.

My sales management office is listed. I have ten active vacation rentals listed on GMB.

I am able to add more manually but I cannot receive the postcard GMB is sending to verify. Postal system is DEAD. 😭

I am now trying bulk upload but the upload fails due to errors which have no reference.

When GMB launched they phoned us an verified the 10 listing.
Hi @johanhorak in theory, vacation rentals are not eligible for a Google My Business.

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 15.58.22.jpg

Some background on the matter: Google: Vacation Rental Test Does Not Change Google My Business Guidelines

Here is Google's documentation for Holiday rentals: How to integrate with Vacation Rentals - Hotel Center Help

Last week, at Google's Marketing Livestream 2021 they were some announcements made that might be of interest to you.

Each vacation rental would have to have its own sales office (onsite) and clear signage at the property (showing the business name) in order to qualify for a listing. The majority of vacation rental properties would not qualify to have a listing.

Txs. But fortunately, it works differently. Some may not qualify.

If you have "serviced accommodation" GMB allows it. See the following:

Let's assume I can list my accommodation (as I have done and they are active). Then..

My issue, really, is that I cannot verify my properties with postcards. Impossible in South Africa.

My second issue is that I tried to bulk upload 19 properties. And got errors when importing to GMB, but have no reference for why they are not good.

I had a guy on Fiverr who said if I can give him a property "google map link" he will be able to assist.

I gave him such a link of an unverified vacation home on maps.

Within a day he said he got an email from Google saying to setup a video call to verify the accommodation.

Obviously, with him in Pakistan, and I in Cape Town, it's impossible.

Another option would be to duplicate what he did but I couldn't find his method online.

If you have "serviced accommodation" GMB allows it. See the following:
This isn't correct. They are not allowed if they don't have an onsite office. I would not suggest you go through all this trouble to get them verified when Google will likely remove them later. Google is really inconsistent with enforcing their policies but once they flag it, or someone reports it, it would get removed. You might see other vacation rentals listed that don't meet this criteria because Google hasn't caught onto it yet.

Hi,

Joy is correct vacation rentals that do not have an onsite office or staff are not allowed in GMB or on Google Maps.

There will always be people offering to try and circumvent the rules in an effort to make money, that does not mean this person utilized an acceptable process nor does that make your listings (or other similar listings) eligible to be listed on Google Maps.

This isn't correct. They are not allowed if they don't have an onsite office. I would not suggest you go through all this trouble to get them verified when Google will likely remove them later. Google is really inconsistent with enforcing their policies but once they flag it, or someone reports it, it would get removed. You might see other vacation rentals listed that don't meet this criteria because Google hasn't caught onto it yet.
Sorry to have to disagree. You may be right from your vantage point.

But I have proof. Ten of my far away vacation homes are listed on Google. My Business and Google Maps.

My question was not if it's valid. That we disagree upon.

I was hoping that experts would assist me in getting to know how I can verify my homes not yet verified as it's impossible to get to Google.

Please. If you cannot help with my request to how to get hold of Google then not to worry.

It's my bad if I waste my time. As you can see from the above I have proof that my vacation rentals are live.

All homes shared below are not verified yet.

Here is one that are

Screenshot_20210624-152510_Google My Business.jpg

I don't think anyone on this forum is going to be able to advise on how to get vacation rentals verified as they aren't allowed to be listed. We keep tactics on how to get around Google's guidelines off this forum.

I am not asking for tricks. We are in disagreement about vacation rentals. And I am not able with evidence to show you my listings on GMB.

I have no proof to show you but a GMB phoned me without me asking to assist me in getting my first vacation rentals listed.
I am done. 👍

These appear to be Airbnb-style properties, which do get suspended and removed. If you were able to get some of them reinstated then you lucked out.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom