More threads by JoshuaMackens

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
What's the official policy now on people moving locations if both locations are in the same city? Close down the old listing and open up a new one? Just change the address in GMB?

I'd also like to hear from people why you should/shouldn't go the official route. As we all know, sometimes Google's guidelines actually interfere and hurt our ranking vs helping it. And with them flip flopping all the time on the best policy or what they will/won't allow, I'd just like to know if there are any dangers doing it the "official" way.

Bombs away!

Providing name and phone are staying the same, I would simply change in dash. Of course, you'll need to do the same on all citations as well.

Yes Scott is right. That's the latest official recommendation and also usually the best.

What about if the name is changing? The phone is staying the same.

This can only be done via the dash and not from the page, Maps or Mapmaker. The dash edit needs to cause the feature to be closed in Mapmaker otherwise it should be denied and will cause data issues and consequently ranking problems. This has never changed in MapMaker for years.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom