More threads by petermfwd

petermfwd

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone know why I can't put my business page as Place in Facebook's Check-in feature when I go to post something? I've tried adding it manually but that option creates an unofficial page and it doesn't show up if I want to reuse it in another post.

Thanks!

Hey Peter,

Are you not seeing the option for visitors to check-in on your FB business page? Or, are you unable to find a Place page to merge with your Business page?

And you definitely have the correct address on your Biz page in the About section?

I found this from FB:

Enabling check-ins for your business Page is not available in the new Pages experience. However, you can add your business address and map location to your Page. This will allow people to create a post and check into your business.
To add your business address and map location to your Page:
  1. Log into Facebook, then click your profile photo in the top right.
  2. Click See all profiles, then select the Page you want to switch into.
  3. Click your Page profile picture in the top right, then click your Page name to go to your profile.
  4. In the menu under your Page profile picture and Page name, click About.
  5. Click Contact and basic info.
  6. Under Contact info, click Add your address.
  7. Enter your address.
  8. Make sure that the map underneath your address has the pin in the correct location. If the location on the map is not correct, find your address on the map. Click on it to set the pin.
  9. Click Save.

Hi Chris,

None of our FB company page appears in the check-in list. We have two stores set up, so in theory we can't add an address to the main page. Both stores have the correct address and pin.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom