More threads by snysarah

snysarah

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone been able to successfully have CallRail numbers in the Call Only ads? In the past I would have to temporarily put the tracking number on the site just to get the ad approved, but that's not even working anymore. It'll be approved for a day or two, then it will go back to Disapproved. Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions on what to do? I've been on an endless loop of trying to push them through. I haven't been able to find a Google rep who can help, and CallRail recommended verifying through Google Search Console, which we already did and it still went back to Disapproved after being Approved for a couple of days. Thanks.

Last edited:
Update: Just copied the ads and launched some fresh ones. The idea being that now that Google Ads and GSC are linked, maybe they'll pass through easier. As of now they are approved. Fingers crossed it holds. I still find it odd (and crazy-making) that these can go back to disapproved even after getting approved.

We use tracking numbers in Google Ads quite frequently, both through our own system and using Call Rail. We haven't had a problem as long as we submit the phone number appearing on the website as an account call extension first. Once that is approved and verified, adding other numbers at the campaign level has never been an issue. Simply add it as a call extension and wait until it's approved before using it in any call-only ads.

We use tracking numbers in Google Ads quite frequently, both through our own system and using Call Rail. We haven't had a problem as long as we submit the phone number appearing on the website as an account call extension first. Once that is approved and verified, adding other numbers at the campaign level has never been an issue. Simply add it as a call extension and wait until it's approved before using it in any call-only ads.

I agree with this strategy. I've had absolutely no issues incorporating Callrail numbers into my call only ads when:

1) I add the call extension and 2) I update the phone number on the landing page to the Callrail number.

The one thing that I have NOT done, but I'd love input is to update to callrail ads for my locations where I have a GMB listing with location extension associated with ads.

I've been hesitant to update to a callrail number to track, due to a fear that my location extension will no longer show in expanded text ads if the number doesn't align with GMB number.

We've never had to do step 2.

To track the GMB listing when reached via Google Ads or shown in the map listing, simply add a tracking number to Advanced information > Google Ads location extensions phone. Works great.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom