More threads by TedL

TedL

Reaction score
A client of mine is a credit union. We would like to start leveraging Google Posts but are concerned about what could get our listings in trouble as the business falls under financial services, a Google restricted content vertical. We see that the offer Google Post type is the most impactful but will a post that features a rate or any other financial incentive land our client in hot water?
1617980535807.png

@TedL, my reading of it is that (1) this is more of what I call the "useful ambiguity" Google often uses in these guidelines, and (2) whatever's in a post is by definition OK if Google doesn't remove it automatically

I'd wager that any "offer" post that doesn't push people toward a specific service is OK. Not sure what that leaves, so probably the easiest way to do a GMB post that Google doesn't have a problem with is simply not to do an "offer" post. The other types of posts give you more to work with, at least in this case.

@TedL, my reading of it is that (1) this is more of what I call the "useful ambiguity" Google often uses in these guidelines, and (2) whatever's in a post is by definition OK if Google doesn't remove it automatically

I'd wager that any "offer" post that doesn't push people toward a specific service is OK. Not sure what that leaves, so probably the easiest way to do a GMB post that Google doesn't have a problem with is simply not to do an "offer" post. The other types of posts give you more to work with, at least in this case.
Thanks for the feedback Phil! I like that "useful ambiguity" term.

I think I have and idea where to go from here.

I manage a credit union and use Google posts regularly (only update posts). Only one has been rejected and it was because it contained a phone number and was posted the day Google officially stopped allowing phone numbers.

I have posted about everything from general services (savings accounts, youth accounts and loans), online banking outages, help wanted posts, and lobby updates due to covid. It's possible it will catch up with me, but no problems yet and I have been doing it for quite a while.

I manage a credit union and use Google posts regularly (only update posts). Only one has been rejected and it was because it contained a phone number and was posted the day Google officially stopped allowing phone numbers.

I have posted about everything from general services (savings accounts, youth accounts and loans), online banking outages, help wanted posts, and lobby updates due to covid. It's possible it will catch up with me, but no problems yet and I have been doing it for quite a while.
Thanks for the insight, Shelly! Great knowing that someone has been leveraging this feature in the industry without issues.

I am also sure that it is possible without problems. I sometimes received messages from my creditors via Google messages. As far as I know, none of them have been banned, so you should try them.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom