More threads by Greg

Greg

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well...

Interesting challenge here - I am dealing with a client that owns 2 seperate businesses that share the same telephone switchboard with same number and the same business premises.

Is it possible to create 2 seperate G+Business accounts using the same number?

And the next question is - can 2 G+Local accounts be created as well?

Appreciate your help...

Regards
Greg

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well...

Interesting challenge here - I am dealing with a client that owns 2 seperate businesses that share the same telephone switchboard with same number and the same business premises.

Is it possible to create 2 seperate G+Business accounts using the same number?

And the next question is - can 2 G+Local accounts be created as well?

Appreciate your help...

Regards
Greg

Hi Greg,

They can only have separate G+ Local listings if they are two distinct and legally separate businesses. We can advise further if you provide the details of the business.

It's possible to use the same phone number on multiple G+ Local pages. The problem is that there is a good chance that Google will merge the listings at some point.

Hi Greg,

They can only have separate G+ Local listings if they are two distinct and legally separate businesses. We can advise further if you provide the details of the business.

It's possible to use the same phone number on multiple G+ Local pages. The problem is that there is a good chance that Google will merge the listings at some point.

Hey Colan,

Yes as far as I know, the businesses are seperate - although having said that, they both deal with eco issues but from different perspectives. I will find out if the businesses are legally seperate.
Here are the 2 url's;
Welcome to Ecological Brands
The Green Initiative, Consulting Services and Online Shop, Johannesburg

Definitely want to avoid any potential of Google merging whatsover!
Especially because at the moment the client is setting up branch offices for Ecological Brands and the intention is that we will set up a seperate G+B and G+L account for each branch office.

Can we use a cell phone account for one of the businesses?

Regards
Greg

The phone number is the biggest distinguishing factor for Google, scrapers and other data providers to differentiate between different businesses. Do Not use the same phone number for more than one business. You can use an existing cell phone number, get local inexpensively such as Twilio and Line2 or even us Google Voice.

I would also vote to use a different number. You can get really cheap and inexpensive numbers.

One of the things I teach in my training is to learn to think like Google.

The algo is trained to watch out for spammers and scammers and fake Place pages and rent-a-site models and Service area businesses that set up additional locations that are not kosher and online businesses that don't even qualify for a Place page.

The algo is very partial to traditional brick and mortar businesses.

Real brick and mortar businesses have real offices with real phone numbers that are listed in the yellow pages.

Now am I saying don't use a mobile # or get a cheap #? No.

I'm just saying learn to think like Google and be aware of things that can trip a filter or erode trust that this is a real business or a valid 2nd location. Then weigh the potential risks, benefits and cost and make an informed decision. :)

Thanks everyone for the replies...

This is exactly why I came and asked the question here before potentially messing up a client's reputation....

Yes, both businesses are run from real brick and mortar premises. I'm going to have to get the client to get a new legitimate number from their service provider.

Thanks again.

Regards

Greg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom