More threads by Nick

Nick

Reaction score
A verification card was sent a couple of weeks ago now but haven't had anything yet.

I had an email today saying it should be here and to request a new one but if I do this and the original one turns up tomorrow will that pin be void?

I had an email today saying it should be here and to request a new one but if I do this and the original one turns up tomorrow will that pin be void?

Yes. Wait another couple days and if it's not there, request again...OR

use the verification troubleshooter - or use the call support feature.

Thanks, it is a pain as when I did my personal one they just called me with the pin.

I will hold on a while it is just the email I got worried me

If it's less than 15 days since you applied, I'd give it a couple more days. Too many times, I have asked for a new one only to have the card for the old one arrive the following day.

Has anyone from the UK used the call support feature yet?

OK so it arrived today, BUT it didn't work.

I have had to request another, that will be another 2 weeks :(

I had a look but couldn't find an option to call, surely they can see that the card has arrived to where it should have by the pin that is on it or even a photo of it?

How would I call them as the troubleshooter doesn't allow me to contact them?

Welcome to Google Places/Plus in the UK :( I didn't think I had seen an obvious option to contact them by phone like our American cousins have.

When you say it didn't work, what do you mean? You typed the PIN into the space provided and then what happened?

It just said it was incorrect, I did a trouble shoot which just said request a new one

Is that a new unlisted business on the new Google Places for Business dashboard?

This is it, it just says awaiting pin

e4evemez.jpg

Oooh, I've not actually seen that dashboard yet! All my new clients have existing pages.

Maybe, like everything else related to Google Places/Plus in the UK, it's just not working properly...?

I would wait for another pin if you have already requested it. If that doesn't work, I would not request a new one, there must be a troubleshooting option for us on its way when they finally roll out the whole thing to the UK.

Or does the old report a problem link in the forum still work? Linda? Colan?

It just said it was incorrect, I did a trouble shoot which just said request a new one

If you click on the cog wheel in the top right corner of the page in your screenshot, there should be a "help" option in the drop-down.

From there does it offer a contact us - phone support option? I didn't think it was available outside North America yet, but it does appear to be available to other countries now, at least from what I can see:

new dash uk.jpg

new dash uk.jpg

Thanks for the replies. There is no option for a call, it just asks if it is a problem with verification and then suggests asking for another card.

It just means an extra 2 weeks :(

Give it a few more days. If it doesn't come try to use the Verification Troubleshooter.

Select the big red "Contact Us" button and then "I'm having Problems Verifying My Listing(s)"

I'm almost positive that works in the UK

I managed to speak to somebody a couple of days ago, I told them the issue and they said they would look into it and manually approve it.

While waiting, the card came today and the listing is now fully verified. Time to try and get it ranking!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom