More threads by Mike Pedersen

Reaction score
I have a client who changed their business name.

Yes...it's a huge problem.

With them not having logins for all the major sites like insiderpages, foursquare, citysearch,merchant circle and others.

Would I consider something like yext? I just don't want to get locked in, then when we potentially leave we lose it all.

Any suggestions?

Hi Mike!

I would make sure to start with the major aggregators (Infogroup, Localeze, Acxiom and Factual) before anything, so MozLocal would be best for that if you don't have individual agency accounts in those platforms. Its $84/yr/listing.

I think Yext would also be a good option since they have duplicate suppression. However, I wouldn't use them if you may leave down the road. If you mean your client may leave down the road, not you or your agency, should it matter? I know that's not that best way to look at it, but ultimately if the client is leaving you, sometimes that comes with repercussions. Although, you could set up Yext with their own account and manage it for them, that way you can just hand it over to them if they leave.

Otherwise, the best and most accurate way to do it, is manually.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom