bluehabit

Reaction score
Google allows you to use your home address if you do in fact run your business out of your home. With that being said if you were to post listings of your business on the internet, obviously you would not want to reveal your personal residence.

With that being said, will Google still count citations if there is no physical address?
For instance ABC Company, 222-222-2222, www.website.com

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi bluehabit,

Even though you have hopefully hidden your address on your G+ Local page, Google still needs to see citations that match the address that's in your dashboard - ideally.

I don't think all that many consumers are going to search and find you in directories anyway, and if they do they likely won't know that's your home address or look it up.

Plus many citation sources won't let you post without using an address anyway. However if you are really worried about privacy, here is a list of citation sources from Phil Rosek, one of our Top Contributors of citation sources that don't require address.

PRIVATE Citations for "Hide your Address" Service Area Businesses?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Website URLs for Multiple locations in Google My Business & Local Citations Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C Directories That Accept Citation Without Street Address? (Besides Google & Bing) Local Search 0
H Any way to speed up Google's discovery of citations? Local Search 3
D Street with 2 names in Google - Re Citations Citations 2
J What citation should I use if Google got the G+ name wrong? Citations 4
M My Google+ NAP is different from all other NAP citations online Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Huge List: Acceptable NAP Variations for Google Local Citations from Whitespark Citations 3
Linda Buquet Google Local Citations, Citations, Citations Citations 0
Linda Buquet Haha! Creative Way to get a Local Citation and Backlink from Google? Not! Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Attorney SEO: Local Citation Strategy & Other Google Local Insights for Lawyers Local Search 0
Adamk Citations helped raise my Google+ Listing Citations 19
G Citations description and Google Places description Citations 9
T Google Medical Practice/Doctor Listings: Citations & Duplicates Local Search 10
prota Does Google Devalue Citations Citations 9
Linda Buquet Google Local Citations - Quality Issues to Be Aware Of Citations 4
Linda Buquet Welcome to the Google+ Local Citations Forum Citations 0
Colan Nielsen Value of Citations That Pull on Google+ Local Page Local Reviews 3
Linda Buquet Infographic - How Long before Citations Hit Google? Local Search 4
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
Elmer .S What is the most accurate search strings to use when doing manual citation audit? Citations 3
JohnnyM Changing Information in citations Google Local 101 1
DragonXD SEMrush and citation service in Denmark NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
SpectateSwamp Long Business Name & Citations Recycle Bin 0
TriciaClements Long Business Name & Citations Citations 9
JoshuaMackens Insurance Citation Sites Local Search 5
K Law Practice Buyout and Existing Citations Citations 4
sixthcitysarah What citation sites would you say are still important in 2020? Citations 10
N Should I use a GMB Website to get a citation and links? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
F Looking for Italian citations services Citations 7
Mike Yem Automotive Department Citations Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
C Client with multiple address across citations and web properties All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
Gordon.Ligon SAB vs Physical Address, and its ramifications for NAP citations Service Area Businesses 7
Monica Simpson Optimizing Name - do citations matter? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 7
Dana Franks Changing HTTP to HTTPS in citations Citations 6
Oliver Keates Looking for new citations in 2020 for the UK Citations 4
H Quick questions about citations (newbie here) Citations 2
LocalSEODat Using UTM for GMB link to website. Does that mess w/ citation matching, rankings or anything negative effect? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
bernilocal Looking for France citations service ? Citations 8
C Cheapest Citation NAP Correction Service Citations 16
P Change of Address - Do We Update Citations? Citations 2
P Schema Markup - SameAs - Using these for citations for branches Citations 14
M Fake Map Listings Auto-Created by Citation Service? Spam on Google 6
Craig McBreen Citations for service area business Citations 16
V Question: Bring something to foreign citations Help & Support for Google Local 2
K Customer wants to add a tracking number across all of his Citations NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Oliver Keates New Citations Local Search 6
Travis Van Slooten Using Home Address for GMB and UPS Address for Citations?? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 10
Colan Nielsen Announcing "Social Poster" from Citation Builder Pro LSF News and Announcements 0
M Does it make sense to backlink from local citations.... Local Search 7
A Citation Value? Citations 10