More threads by Jo Shaer

Solutions
Reaction score
Great video and great timing for me @Colan Nielsen Thank you

Questions
1. If you work from home and do not want your home address on Google, can you leave the address empty in GBP? And will that mean you won't get a video verification option?

2. If you work from home and ARE happy to show your home address on Google, do you have to choose SAB which means the address does not show - and then run into all the problems from Joy's recent YouTube video about the problems with reduced ranking if you do that. Will you not get a video verification if you do that?

3. If you work from a shared workspace (similar to WeWork) so you have no signage but also go out to customers, can you show your address and choose a hybrid so you do get the video verification? And then follow all the steps you mention at the end of your video for an SAB.

Hi Jo,

You need to enter the address to start the verification process. Once verified, you can clear it. SAB's can still get the video option, yes.

Whether or not you choose to show the address is your call :) You may still get the video verification either way.

For your third question, no that would not be an eligible use of a WeWork type space. You would need signage and staff there as per this article - Are Coworking Spaces Against the Google My Business Guidelines? - Sterling Sky Inc

Hi Jo,

You need to toggle this button here:

1690217238041.jpg

Thanks @Colan Nielsen I will give that a try

A slightly different variant on this theme

I have a client who created a GBP and citations at their registered address which was previously accepted by Google. Google is now requesting a verification video. But the registered address is a shared workspace with no signage so that won't work.

The client doesn't want their home address plastered all over the various citations directories.

The GBP listing doesn't need to rank for local keywords. But we do want it to show as verified so we can upload posts and images to provide a good look for someone who does Google the company's name.

If I change the GBP to their home address and hide it and then do a verification video - will having the citations showing a different address create a whole world of pain in the future?

The website shows the registered address

If I change the GBP to their home address and hide it and then do a verification video - will having the citations showing a different address create a whole world of pain in the future?

It's possible but unlikely. Have you looked into directories that let you hide the address?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom