JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Example: auto insurance metairie

noravadenhomes.com ranks organically on the first page but her Google Plus Local listing has a terrible ranking. Usually having a high organic ranking means you will have your G+ Local listing rank high and combine with the organic ranking, but I'm finding several cases lately where this isn't true.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi Joy,

I just cut part of a section from my Advanced Places Training that deals with this issue.

DISCONNECTED PLACE PAGE? This is one of the problems I see often. A business has a high organic ranking but is disconnected in blended so his site and Place page are not connected. Here are the main reasons I know of that this can happen – usually it’s due to one of these problems on the Places side.

1) The location is way far from city center (not an issue lately as much)
2) Duplicate confusion (check for and eliminate dupes)
3) NAP confusion (800# or other on the site, mismatched names?)
4) Penalized for guideline violations (check for KW stuffing in description or other unwritten rule violations)

Those are usually the reason.

I just did a very brief check on that listing earlier and I didn't see any problems and could not find any dupes, which is normally the culprit.

I'll try to check more in-depth later.

Anyone else have any ideas for Joy?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hmmm, wonder if that's what did it? How long ago was it removed? Do you know?

Will be interesting to see if the next index makes it pop back into blended.
Do let us know!

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
OK thanks, if it's been gone for that long, would not think it would be affecting the other listing in blended now.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Well BACK when the proximity lockout was in affect it was obvious and I assume this trick works now as well.

Do a search for city keyword and look at the map on the main search results page. Back during the prox lockout that map was zoomed way into city center and only the listings in that area had a chance to rank.

I just was researching a listing here in another post, that I think was really far away from centroid and ranked high in organic but was disconnected. Let me go find and see if it's maybe an example.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
OK here is the example I was thinking of - from post #17 in the Local SEO Ranking Game thread.

Google search: Santa Cruz Chiropractor

The #1 organic local is stewartchiropractic.net but he's not in blended.

Take a look at the map in the search above and note the map radius of listings that's included.

Then see where Stewart is: Google Maps The search map cuts off west of Twin Lakes and he's way to the east of there. BUT he also has a dupe which could be part of problem. BUT still I think he's too far out to rank in blended.

Nick.SEOSpark

Reaction score
I'm assuming that things like messy NAP data, lack of reviews etc (crucial local factors) may be the cause of a low ranking. I've also found problems with duplicate listings as above. It really is necessary to go through and do a good clean up job to get NAP consistency.

sergiuliano

Reaction score
Hy Joy,

Sorry to disappoint you but noravadenhomes.com dosen't rank on Google Organic first page for "auto insurance metairie" or for "auto insurance" searched from Metairie.

You can see it on the first page because you are using Google Plus and you have probably +1ed it or visited it many times. You should run a depersonalized search query to see the exact ranking position

I have generated a report for you to see exactly which are the websites ranking on Google first page:

Ranking Report for noravadenhomes.com using "auto insurance metairie", "auto insurance" as keyword on TOP 5 cities in United States

Regarding your other question related to Google Plus URL Rakning is not clear for me if you are referring to Organic Results or Google Local results, can you please provide more details about it?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jen Currier Is there any advantage, besides a single sign in, to having all clients connected to our GMB account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
lukeelliott Using DNI Call Tracking With Website Connected To A GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Colan Nielsen "Connect in real-time, with video" Option Inside GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 23
Lachlan_Wells When you accidentally connect your fake location to the wrong client Spam on Google 2
Ian Hammond "Your business is verified and is currently being connected to Google Search and Maps" (30+ days) Help & Support for Google Local 3
Chaddow Agency Dashboard: Connecting an API when it already been set up Google My Business & Google Maps 2
S How to get a DNS-verified Search Console domain to connect with Google Analytics? Organic SEO 3
J Crawling Apple Maps Connect? Citations 3
Digitaldar How Does GMB Connect Your FB, etc. Reviews? Local Reviews 5
JoyHawkins Another Huge Article Exposing Spam Tactics on Google Maps - Connected to Scientology Google My Business & Google Maps 13
BrendanT How are you managing Apple Maps Connect across a bunch of clients? Consultant's Corner 7
C Apple Maps Connect - No Hide Address Option Local Search 5
Localwinner Help needed for connecting google Profiles Help & Support for Google Local 7
Dustybones How to Connect your Youtube Channel to your Google+ Business Page Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Barb Davids Phone number not local area code Moving or Name Changes 1
Shelly Pros & Cons of Facebook Locations for Local SEO (for a Credit Union) Multi-Location Issues 1
rich_marlatt Do the number of backlinks from a domain have any impact on local SEO? Local Search 2
zach.todd What do you look for in a local website audit? Organic SEO 7
Professor M New Local European Local listing removals Process Google My Business & Google Maps 1
D Can you set an end-date for Local Services Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Barb Davids Ad fraud with Local Service Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
djbaxter Brightlocal Tool shows Large Google Local Search Algorithm Update March 10, 2021 Google Algorithm Discussions 1
D Local Services and Google my Business Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
Annika Neudecker One year later, is your GMB/local SEO traffic still up? Local Search 3
Colan Nielsen Find Local Link Opportunities with ZipSprout’s FREE Local Sponsorship Finder! Local SEO Tools & Software 8
Nicole Basham Cons of Removing Second FB Page Profile/"Extra" Twitter account for Local SAB? Mobile & Social 1
M Google Local Services Ads - Lack of Leads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 14
rustybrick Google Local ranking update? Google Algorithm Discussions 12
Matt Chauhan Serious Problem With A Dentist's Local Rankings. NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
chrism Local Competitor Keyword Stuffing/Similar Words In GMB Spam on Google 8
buzzrank Home inspector business category not available in Canada, but local competitors have NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
Stef Kiley Temp closed business ranking higher in local pack Help & Support for Google Local 2
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0
accessted Local Falcon GMB Question Service Area Businesses 2
F Google My Business local seo Google Local 101 3
S What makes a great Home/Landing Page in Local? Local Search 6
E What is the Click Through Rate / Conversion Rate for GMB or Local 3 Pack listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
J New local pack display? Google Algorithm Discussions 2
N Dedicated local search Local Search 12
djbaxter Webinar The State of Local Search 2021 [Webinar + Q&A] Events 0
Imperialpest Page Speed and Local / Ranking Question Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
djbaxter Online Conference Pubcon Local Services Marketing Conference, January 20-21, 2021 Events 3
L Local Service Ad for Attorney Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Professor M No Reviews on Local Packs for Car Wash Category in Different Countries Google My Business & Google Maps 1
SpectateSwamp How about discussing local search... Like the Spectate one; everything a 50+ years of programming Geezer wants Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
B Google Beacons helping Local visability? Local Search 1
JoyHawkins Are Local Services Ads Stealing Clicks from Google My Business? A Case Study of 110 Listings Paid Search and Local Service Ads 0
M Decreased traffic to Google maps due to local service ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1