More threads by Ben Walsh

Ben Walsh

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I read a series of tweets from Darren Shaw over at Whitespark a while back on how he would create the perfect Title Tag

The assessment was that it doesn't really matter about the number of keywords or the length (within reason), and you wouldn't have the brand name in the title unless it's on the homepage. Instead, you would have the brand name in the meta description if I remember correctly.

From what I remember in the tweet, a typical title tag would look similar to this:

Emergency Dentist in Austin, TX | Offering Trusted Emergency Dental Services | Serving Boulder Creek, Barton Hills, St. Edwards, Franklin Park | Expert Emergency Dental Clinic Near Me

I haven't seen any other references to this type of technique, so Im looking to get some consensus on how other agencies are currently doing their Title tags.

Thanks!

Hi Ben,

We are aligned and we view title tags in a very similar way. As Joel Headley once said, don't be afraid of the ellipsis...

The only thing I would caution based on your example, is to be wary about having multiple geographic focuses. There's definitely some use cases where adding multiple geographic areas to a title tag can help but generally speaking there should be one main geographical focus per page.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom