More threads by valentinb13

Reaction score
Hi @JoyHawkins — I'm posting this here from my questions on Twitter.

We have a verified, live listing for Louetta Automotive at 9625 Spring Cypress Road, Spring TX 77379

The issue is they opened in July 2020 after purchasing the building and rebranding from another auto repair business that closed. That listing is still active and prominent on Google and maps: Auto-Lab Gleannloch Farm

Myself and multiple people from the company have tried:
  • suggesting edits to either close the Auto-Lab listing or marking it as a duplicate of our Louetta listing
  • contacting GMB support
  • tried to manage the Auto-Lab listing (no one has the information for the previous listing owner—we're getting the phone or email verification option...I NEVER GET THAT WHEN I NEED IT!)
Louetta Automotive public maps listing

Auto-Lab Gleannloch Farms public maps listing

It would be nice to have Auto-Lab merged into Louetta, but ultimately we need to get Auto-Lab to not show in maps/search however we can—it's definitely causing problems for that new location.

Any help/extra guidance is really appreciated!

@valentinb13 I wasn't able to replicate that. I went to my GMB dashboard, clicked to add a listing, typed in
Auto-Lab Gleannloch Farms and it took me to the screen to request access (Below):

1600687518549.png

Are those the exact steps you tried?

Weird! Yes, that's what I did also (in two different accounts—the one we use for the client and our own, which is separate from any of the client listings). I did the add a location and both times it gave me the verify by phone/email option immediately.

Okay. I can have you post this over on the GMB forum so I can escalate it, but I'm a bit hesitant b/c I don't think Google is going to be able to troubleshoot it without knowing what account you're using and I don't want you to add your email publicly on the forum. I'd probably suggest you try this one more time but do a video of yourself doing it and then send that video to GMB support here:

Once you do that, you'll get an auto-responder back to your email. Make sure you reply to the auto responder and you should hear back in 48 hrs.

Okay. I can have you post this over on the GMB forum so I can escalate it, but I'm a bit hesitant b/c I don't think Google is going to be able to troubleshoot it without knowing what account you're using and I don't want you to add your email publicly on the forum. I'd probably suggest you try this one more time but do a video of yourself doing it and then send that video to GMB support here:

Once you do that, you'll get an auto-responder back to your email. Make sure you reply to the auto responder and you should hear back in 48 hrs.

OK, thank you — we actually finally received some follow up from our GMB Support request, so I will work through that first, then attempt the vid submission. If that still doesn't work I will follow up in the GMB forum.

Brian

Awesome - glad to hear it worked out!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom