valentinb13

Reaction score
Hi @JoyHawkins — I'm posting this here from my questions on Twitter.

We have a verified, live listing for Louetta Automotive at 9625 Spring Cypress Road, Spring TX 77379

The issue is they opened in July 2020 after purchasing the building and rebranding from another auto repair business that closed. That listing is still active and prominent on Google and maps: Auto-Lab Gleannloch Farm

Myself and multiple people from the company have tried:
  • suggesting edits to either close the Auto-Lab listing or marking it as a duplicate of our Louetta listing
  • contacting GMB support
  • tried to manage the Auto-Lab listing (no one has the information for the previous listing owner—we're getting the phone or email verification option...I NEVER GET THAT WHEN I NEED IT!)
Louetta Automotive public maps listing

Auto-Lab Gleannloch Farms public maps listing

It would be nice to have Auto-Lab merged into Louetta, but ultimately we need to get Auto-Lab to not show in maps/search however we can—it's definitely causing problems for that new location.

Any help/extra guidance is really appreciated!

valentinb13

Reaction score

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
@valentinb13 I wasn't able to replicate that. I went to my GMB dashboard, clicked to add a listing, typed in
Auto-Lab Gleannloch Farms and it took me to the screen to request access (Below):

1600687518549.png

Are those the exact steps you tried?

valentinb13

Reaction score
Weird! Yes, that's what I did also (in two different accounts—the one we use for the client and our own, which is separate from any of the client listings). I did the add a location and both times it gave me the verify by phone/email option immediately.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Okay. I can have you post this over on the GMB forum so I can escalate it, but I'm a bit hesitant b/c I don't think Google is going to be able to troubleshoot it without knowing what account you're using and I don't want you to add your email publicly on the forum. I'd probably suggest you try this one more time but do a video of yourself doing it and then send that video to GMB support here:

Once you do that, you'll get an auto-responder back to your email. Make sure you reply to the auto responder and you should hear back in 48 hrs.

valentinb13

Reaction score
Okay. I can have you post this over on the GMB forum so I can escalate it, but I'm a bit hesitant b/c I don't think Google is going to be able to troubleshoot it without knowing what account you're using and I don't want you to add your email publicly on the forum. I'd probably suggest you try this one more time but do a video of yourself doing it and then send that video to GMB support here:

Once you do that, you'll get an auto-responder back to your email. Make sure you reply to the auto responder and you should hear back in 48 hrs.

OK, thank you — we actually finally received some follow up from our GMB Support request, so I will work through that first, then attempt the vid submission. If that still doesn't work I will follow up in the GMB forum.

Brian

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Is the service description section on GMB available for all industries? I am currently working on a business thats an event venue. Service Area Businesses 3
JoshuaMackens Current Way to Report GMB Business Name? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Ian Hammond "Your business is verified and is currently being connected to Google Search and Maps" (30+ days) Help & Support for Google Local 3
Lloyd Silver No Current Website - Best course of action to support Google My Business Google My Business & Google Maps 5
djbaxter WordPress: The NoneNone Brute Force Attacks: Currently Active Websites, Software, and Security 0
A GSC request indexing feature is currently disabled. Is there another option to request indexing? Organic SEO 1
djbaxter Stay current with the latest WordPress and Plugins Security Issues with this newsletter Websites, Software, and Security 0
Henry LocalClarity Current value of complete Latitude & Longitude for every location in a chain? Google Local 101 1
Oliver Keates Optimising Current Citations To Increase Ranking Google My Business & Google Maps 7
M *HELP* What to do when current owner denies transfer request. Google My Business & Google Maps 4
J Get GMB Ownership w/o Current Owner Google My Business & Google Maps 6
pbarnhart Current Google Local Biz Terms Google Local 101 0
C I'm ranking in local pack in different city other than current location Local Search 5
Eric Rohrback What Are You Currently Using for Project Management? Consultant's Corner 7
L What is Currently on Your SEO Tool Belt? Local SEO Tools & Software 9
frederickwebpro Current best practice for G+ "introduction" (Formerly Google Places Description) Google My Business & Google Maps 2
M Current Research On G+ (Maps) Clicks Vs Organic? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet Google Phone Support Hours Currently Limited Due to Backlog Google My Business & Google Maps 16
T Making edits to a currently verified Google listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
F Remove Association of Previous Google+ Account With Current Website w/o Rank Loss Local Search 0
M Most current statistics Local Search 1
Susan Walsh We currently do not support this location - back again Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Mike Wilton Google+ Local Conversion Generating "We currently do not support the location." Error Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Jo Shaer Current Best Practice For Suspending/Deleting A Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Spam registrations rampant currently Mod Squad 3
M Initials and & - current best practices? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
MiriamEllis Initials and & - current best practices? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
D Google - We currently do not support the location??? Help & Support for Google Local 4
G We currently do not support the location Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Current Google+ Local Bugs and Problems Roundup Report Google My Business & Google Maps 6
S Listing Shows in Search Results, In Dashboard says we currently do not support Help & Support for Google Local 4
Simon James Just to check my understanding of the current state of play for multiple locations... Help & Support for Google Local 17
Susan Walsh We currently do not support the location Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 1
K Listing Not Ranking After Recovering from "We Currently Do Not Support" Error Help & Support for Google Local 4
djbaxter Google My Business Bug Dropping SAB Businesses In Independence, Kansas Service Area Businesses 1
rickvidallon How Do You Access The Buttons In Google My Business For Online Services? Local Search 4
NevenaIvanova Removing off-topic reviews posted before the business started operation Local Reviews 8
N What category should be selected for such business in GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Niki Business category does not support more hours Help & Support for Google Local 2
TriciaClements 3 Businesses - how to handle GMB listings for SAB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Matt Chauhan Opinion on entering service areas within the GMB dashboard for Brick and Mortar Businesses NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
krystaltaing Google My Business Bulk Verification Limit Reached? Multi-Location Issues 0
RobertCarnitas GMB Spam for 'Located In' business - Does it affect the GMB listing for the business that is located inside it? Spam on Google 3
D Local Services and Google my Business Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
Rich Owings Google community challenge to update 100,000 businesses Google My Business & Google Maps 0
R What steps should I take to get my suspended and denied Google My business approved? Help & Support for Google Local 1
Jac Google My business Photos - Uploaded but not reflecting on contribution page Google My Business & Google Maps 3
AndySimpson Google My Business Opening Date - What Date Should You Use? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Jason_Parks1 Years in Business (Misleading) - Thoughts? Google My Business & Google Maps 3