More threads by Navertech

Reaction score
Hi, looking for some assistance in figuring out a problem with one of the companies I do SEO for here in the UK:

The company produces kitchens and has various branches in Scotland's major cities. Previously we had ranked quite highly in the 7 Pack for all of the cities when searching for the following:

"Kitchens Glasgow"
"Kitchens Edinburgh"
"Kitchens Aberdeen"
"Kitchens Stirling"
"Kitchens Inverness"
"Kitchens Perth"
"Kitchens Thurso"

However, as of May 2014 we fell out of the 7 Pack for "Kitchens Glasgow", and in spite of all attempts to optimise in order to get back in, nothing has changed.

The page the Places entry points at is Ashley Ann Kitchens Glasgow

In terms of actions taken, I've done the following:

- Checked for duplicate listings.
- Removed multiple keywords from the description.
- Increased the frequency of posting to the Google+ page with relevant and informative content.
- Attempted to increase reviews (legitimately).

The only other thing I can think of is NAP confusion, which I've been attempting to fix, but it's very time consuming.

At this point I've discovered a conundrum. Searching for "Kitchens Glasgow" (Google UK) brings up the 7 Pack, but not with my client included in it (the have a first page ranking, too) — however, clicking through to Google Maps brings up my client "Ashley Ann" at position 3.

My thinking is that a penalty has been applied at some point, and is causing this disconnect, either that or I'm missing something completely obvious to everyone other than myself.

Any insights, or suggestions on how to move forward with this would be greatly appreciated.

This is so obvious I almost hate to say it, but I've had a similar issue with a UK customer. Have you called support? When I did I found the page was under manual review. Doesn't fix anything but explains it.
Your situation is going to be different but it may be something beyond your control and if you know that you can avoid making something worse by trying to fix the unknown problem

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom