Reaction score
I have a double listing for a client in their Google Places dashboard that I just took over. Both require verification, one was sent before I took over and appears the client did not get or the staff were not warned and it was discarded and I think based on the description for it compared to MapMaker that it is the one showing in MapMaker. The other listing has a verfification card that should be arriving any day now and I am concerned about verifying it and creating another listing out there. Neither listing's information matches the Google+ Local page that appears so I do not know which is associated with that listing which has 16 reviews.

I am looking at having a new card sent for what I think is the older listing and will have to wait another 2-3 weeks for it. I guess I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to associate the listings when they are un-verified with the Google+ Local page by any other means than what is in the edit details section since nothing lines up there with that page. Figured I would ask since they are really concerned about this client and are not happy about the idea of waiting another two weeks for some sort of answer. I already told them to take a seat because its gonna take time but I was curious to if anything like that existing to determine what listings are what.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Sorry Grant, if neither matches in dash then I'm not sure how to tell which one is the one with reviews.

Maybe someone else has an idea.
Anyone???

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
So we can investigate and try to help with your listing, please post the following info:

LINK to G+ Local OR if it's missing, link to web site:

Name, address, phone (as listed in dashboard):

Verification date:

Problem:

Related History:

Screenshot(s) if helpful:

Thanks!

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Good point Colan. I should have asked. If we can see what's up Grant maybe we can spot something that would help.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
It sounds like the best strategy might just be to remove the two listings in dash, since they aren't even verified yet. After you do that, simply re-claim the listing and you will have no doubts about it.

Some further advice might be possible with screenshots of dash. edit screens, and a link to live listing, but I have a feeling the simplest plan would be what I mentioned.

---------- Post Merged at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:22 PM ----------

There is just one live G+ Local page, correct?

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I think I am just going to remove them from dash and start from scratch.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I think I am just going to remove them from dash and start from scratch.
You could post the links to the G+ pages and/or Google Map Maker features and we could help troubleshoot it for you. It sounds like you have a situation that involves duplicates and/or merged features and that can be tricky.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
CTabb Doubling Up On Local Ads? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Dustybones Google Study: "Near Me" Searches have nearly doubled in last year. Local Search 9
HurricaneK8 CLOSED - Redirection H-E-Double-Hockey Sticks! Recycle Bin 1
Travis Van Slooten How To Do 4 Hours of Work in 2 Hours! This One Tool Can Double Your Productivity! Consultant's Corner 3
Colan Nielsen Google Local SERP Update: Old Pack Algo & Doubles Google My Business & Google Maps 50
Linda Buquet Interesting Double Page 1 Google Local Ranking Local Search 3
Marie Ysais Double Ranking, Organic and in the Maps Local Search 23
Linda Buquet Seeing Double? 2 G+ Local Links in SERPs? Here's Why? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Hammer Site manager trying to get listing ownership All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
J Getting Rid of Incorrect Highlights in GMB mobile listing ( highlights you can't update on back end ) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Old listing reflects the wrong information - But there's a twist. Google Duplicates & Merges 1
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
greenworld_ Adding a new location extension for a separate GMB listing Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
M Removing old GMB listing from previous owner of premises Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Professor M New Local European Local listing removals Process Google My Business & Google Maps 1
1 GMB Listing Disabled after updating address... Google My Business & Google Maps 12
TriciaClements 3 Businesses - how to handle GMB listings for SAB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Bar within hotel appearing in place of main hotel listing Help & Support for Google Local 6
Scott Rawlins GMB Listing in Greece Google My Business & Google Maps 4
RobertCarnitas GMB Spam for 'Located In' business - Does it affect the GMB listing for the business that is located inside it? Spam on Google 3
G Internet marketing company and map listings? Help & Support for Google Local 4
D New GMB listing possible due to acquisition of company? Service Area Businesses 3
Elmer .S How to delete duplicate Claimed listings on Yelp? Citations 5
L Multiple Listing Against Guidelines? Multi-Location Issues 4
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
TriciaClements Realtor Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 14
jross Incomplete GMB Listing Error? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Annika Neudecker Mysteriously vanishing GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 5
S Old Listing Hijacked by another business Spam on Google 2
WAHamilton Main listing filtered by duplicate, after duplicate is marked as 'closed' Google Duplicates & Merges 6
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
FriarTuck00 Question Regarding GMB Listings and Phone Numbers Multi-Location Issues 3
Greg Bernhardt Increased frequency of listing suspensions for legit changes Google My Business & Google Maps 8
R Car Dealerships Multi Listings by department Multi-Location Issues 4
Colan Nielsen NEW Free Apple Listing Management For Brands With 20+ Locations LSF News and Announcements 0
coachmarino Advice for Suspended Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Professor M Is Google thinking of adding payment capabilities to GMB listings/website? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
NickB-Tampa How can I unsync Google My Business from my Bing Places listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
C Changing website on GMB listing seems to have caused massive a loss of traffic :( Moving or Name Changes 1
B GMB listing missing from search, dashboard and GSC. Yikes!!! Help & Support for Google Local 3
D Should I Bother Updating NAP on Business Listings and 3rd Party Sites? Citations 7
J Wrong GMB Listing Appearing when Searching for Physician by Name Google My Business & Google Maps 4
B Will Removing Addresses for Multiple State SAB Result in Dup Listing or Suspension? Service Area Businesses 4
Hammer Can't enter verification code due to error "To verify your listing, update your business info" All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
brownaddesign Help with Bing Places - Accidently imported all our GMB listings Local Search 3
E What is the Click Through Rate / Conversion Rate for GMB or Local 3 Pack listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
IanJohnson Office destroyed in hurricane, what should we do about the GMB listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 1