ladykal

Reaction score
Currently brainstorming ideas and came across this. Love the examples! Since the examples were originally shared in 2016, I would love to see this thread refreshed with some 2019 examples of best in class location pages that also prove to attract steady traffic.

MonicaH

Reaction score
I would love to see this thread refreshed with some 2019 examples of best in class location pages that also prove to attract steady traffic.
I'd love to see that too. I'm sure the examples given back in 2016 have been updated since then (they're still online) but I'm always looking for other good examples. For some reason, I always find local landing pages to be one of the hardest things to develop.

Tyson Downs

Reaction score
I was gathering some for my presentation on service area businesses for LocalU Advanced next week and liked this one: Plumber Westminster CO | Drain | Sewer | Water Heater

I think all the bold is excessive but it has some other nice elements to it.

Am I the only one that hates that page?

The menu at the top takes up half the page when you scroll down.

They bolded in blue, so it looks like there's a hyperlink, but there isn't.

Keyword stuffed to the 9's in both the headings and the paragraphs.

Horribly tiny picture that adds no value.

Typically, when a page is just written for the search engines (like this one), then I would say that is an example of what NOT to do.

The whole page is like somebody took a 2003 SEO Course and tried to see how many times they could get the word plumber/plumbers on it.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Haha. I like the map, the list of services, the photo (although it's small) and the awards showcased (although it should probably be higher).

Visually, it scans better than the other one I was comparing it to.

1568140336534.png

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Another problem with that one (Plumber Westminster CO | Drain | Sewer | Water Heater) is that the sticky menu does not have the phone number in the upper-right-hand corner, like, as a specially-embellished menu choice-buttony-looking thing. That's just terrible. Don't make people hunt all over the place to find the number to call!

giphy.gif

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Examples of Amazing Local Landing Pages - List them Here! Local Content 14
Ellen Looking for live example of website using Place Photos Google My Business & Google Maps 5
dave101 Anyone have Good Examples of a GMB listing with a good Q&A section? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
dave101 Local City Page Examples Local Search 4
AndySimpson Quick guide for cleaning up Google My Business spam listings - includes examples Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Colan Nielsen [Examples Needed] GMB Support Offering Ranking Advice Google My Business & Google Maps 2
JoyHawkins What Are the Best Examples You've Seen of Terrible Owner Responses to Reviews? Local Reviews 35
J Is this an example of spam and doorway pages? They have dozens of these yet rank Local Search 13
Garrett Sussman Review-Researching: 3 Examples of Reviews in the Buyer?s Journey Local Reviews 0
Colan Nielsen Examples Needed - Store Locator Pages Local Search 2
Tim Colling Have specific examples of penalties for using Regus centers as "additional offices"? Local Search 15
Weve Got Your Customers Example of a Company Violating Google's Review Guidelines or Legit? Local Reviews 11
mblumenthal Looking For Examples of the Local One Box Local Search 4
Linda Buquet 5 Scary Examples of What Not To Do On Your Website [VIDEO] - Greg Gifford Local Search 1
Linda Buquet 3 Successful Google+ Local Page Examples, iAcqure Blog Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Jamie Steigerwald Google Schema.org Examples Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Google Local Knowledge Graph Showing Google+ Posts - How To & Examples Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Chris_Gregory Looking for local examples of SMB's with a Penguin Penalty Organic SEO 1
Mike Wilton Examples of Corporate Sites with a Strong Local Branch Element Built In Local Search 5
Linda Buquet Winning Local On-Site SEO Template & Example - Local SEO Made Easy Local Search 1
J Crazy Blackhat Example Ranking Puzzles 9
JoyHawkins Crazy Blackhat Example Ranking Puzzles 9
Linda Buquet HOT Google Review Trick & Great Example of Why we Have a Review Spam Filter Local Reviews 12
Linda Buquet Google+ Vanity URL Option Coming Soon - See Examples Local Search 1
Jac New Feature >> Got an email from Google >> New! Earn Local Guides points for amazing lists Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Garrett Sussman Senior Citizen Reviews: Getting Amazing Reviews From Low-Tech Customers Local Reviews 2
LauraWilliams Re: How to Take Amazing Photos for Your Local Business Recycle Bin 0
Garrett Sussman How to Take Amazing Photos for Your Local Business Local Reviews 6
Garrett Sussman Want Amazing Reviews? Make a Face-to-Face Request Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman Want Amazing Reviews in a Boring Industry? Use Selfishness Local Reviews 0
L ✔ The Most Amazing Local Keyword & Content Idea Tool EVER! Local Content 14
Linda Buquet ✔ The Most Amazing Local Keyword & Content Idea Tool EVER! Local Content 14
L ✔ Amazing New Tool! 3 Ways to use Impactana for Local Search Content Local Content 12
Linda Buquet ✔ Amazing New Tool! 3 Ways to use Impactana for Local Search Content Local Content 12
Linda Buquet Journalist Creates Fake Company & Buys Amazing Rep to Out the Underbelly of ORM Local Reviews 3
Linda Buquet Amazing List of Schema, Microdata & Technical SEO Analysis Tools Local SEO Tools & Software 0
Adamk Amazing Presentation Local Search 1
Cleaner44 Merged Google+ Local pages are amazing for improving rankings! Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Linda Buquet LOCAL VideoScribing - Amazing New Local Business Idea Local Search 12
koji Local business with online nationwide services in a post-corona world Google Local 101 4
Barb Davids Phone number not local area code Moving or Name Changes 2
Shelly Pros & Cons of Facebook Locations for Local SEO (for a Credit Union) Multi-Location Issues 3
rich_marlatt Do the number of backlinks from a domain have any impact on local SEO? Local Search 2
zach.todd What do you look for in a local website audit? Organic SEO 7
Professor M New Local European Local listing removals Process Google My Business & Google Maps 1
D Can you set an end-date for Local Services Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Barb Davids Ad fraud with Local Service Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
djbaxter Brightlocal Tool shows Large Google Local Search Algorithm Update March 10, 2021 Google Algorithm Discussions 1
D Local Services and Google my Business Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
Annika Neudecker One year later, is your GMB/local SEO traffic still up? Local Search 3