Reaction score
I have a business moving across town to a new address. Along with the address, the phone number will be changing. My question is, what order should I be updating the various properties and should I wait between updates to give the properties time to update their records? I'm thinking the following makes sense. Let me know if you disagree.
  • Update the website NAP
    • Contact Page
    • Footer/Widgets
    • Schema
  • Update BingLocal & AppleMaps
  • Update Facebook, Linked In, Yelp, and Angi
  • Skip aggregators
  • Update Google Business Manager – Do I update the Address and Phone at the same time? Or only the Address to begin with and then the Phone once the Address has had time to settle?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I think the ordering is good. You could probably update the Google listing right after updating the website and making sure the pages that you update get recrawled first. I would update the address let that publish and then update the phone number once that is complete.

hajnasiewicz

GMB Product Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
I think the ordering is good. You could probably update the Google listing right after updating the website and making sure the pages that you update get recrawled first. I would update the address let that publish and then update the phone number once that is complete.

Good solid advice.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom