More threads by mikepetersonwi

Reaction score
I have a business moving across town to a new address. Along with the address, the phone number will be changing. My question is, what order should I be updating the various properties and should I wait between updates to give the properties time to update their records? I'm thinking the following makes sense. Let me know if you disagree.
  • Update the website NAP
    • Contact Page
    • Footer/Widgets
    • Schema
  • Update BingLocal & AppleMaps
  • Update Facebook, Linked In, Yelp, and Angi
  • Skip aggregators
  • Update Google Business Manager – Do I update the Address and Phone at the same time? Or only the Address to begin with and then the Phone once the Address has had time to settle?

I think the ordering is good. You could probably update the Google listing right after updating the website and making sure the pages that you update get recrawled first. I would update the address let that publish and then update the phone number once that is complete.

I think the ordering is good. You could probably update the Google listing right after updating the website and making sure the pages that you update get recrawled first. I would update the address let that publish and then update the phone number once that is complete.

Good solid advice.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom