More threads by BrittanyL

BrittanyL

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am hoping someone can help me understand what is going on with my client or point me in the right direction. When searching for the company's name, their Google profile is not showing. I searched "empire state plumbing nassau, ny," a rogue listing showed up instead. Their Google profile is verified. Nassau, NY is where the company's office is. Does anyone know why this would be happening? Thank you!!!
Google profile
Company Website

Empire.JPG

SERP
SERP.JPG

Can you get that other listing removed? Google filters out duplicates so in this case they likely consider yours the duplicate.

I'm 100% sure that dupe is google created. No phone number, partial address are both very important flags to that.

Google-created GBPs are usually easy to kill. A suggestion to delete was accepted instantaneously even from Montreal where I am.

This fits the patterns of the other SAB's losing visibility. I am able to get the KP to show up in LA but not when I change my IP to Nassau NY.

the dupe with one review is gone, you'd think something would show up in search, but not at all. Now that is weird.

In order to fix it, you need to contact GBP support and tell them that you are being affected by the Kansas bug and that your address is now showing in the back end and that they need to add it back so that you rank in your real area and not the middle of the country.

In order to fix it, you need to contact GBP support and tell them that you are being affected by the Kansas bug and that your address is now showing in the back end and that they need to add it back so that you rank in your real area and not the middle of the country.
We don't get the kansas bug in Quebec (or at least we haven't seen it happen for our clients), so I didn't even think of that!

In Canada, all SABs ranked in Saskatchewan as it was the central point for Canada.
Two questions, if I might

1) Do you have a trick to actually confirm for it? I'm now suspecting a case I've been ripping my hair over might be just that.

2) Do you know if restoring it to a shown address before re-hiding it can fix it? It's a reasonably safer procedures as of late. Or at least the last five times I've done it has not triggered a revalidation.

Two questions, if I might

1) Do you have a trick to actually confirm for it? I'm now suspecting a case I've been ripping my hair over might be just that.

2) Do you know if restoring it to a shown address before re-hiding it can fix it? It's a reasonably safer procedures as of late. Or at least the last five times I've done it has not triggered a revalidation.

The safest thing to do is to contact support to have them add the address in the back end. Adding the address and hiding it can cause one of 4 things:
1. The edits will be approved
2. The edits will go into pending status
3. The profile will need to be verified again
4. The business profile will get suspended. It is taking 3 to 5 weeks to get reinstated with the backlog.

Yeah, but here dealing with French support (as in European French) would be a nightmare to explain this.

Explaining the "phone number cannot be changed because it was validated by text/phone" is already a incredible hassle as is, and I've had multiple cases of that one...

Your search results look normal to me today, but if you still need to make valid updates to the address or phone, instead of making the changes in the Profile Manager, try "suggest edits" as it will get the data published without the danger of triggering the need to reverify.

I'm 100% sure that dupe is google created. No phone number, partial address are both very important flags to that.

Google-created GBPs are usually easy to kill. A suggestion to delete was accepted instantaneously even from Montreal where I am.

What would be the best edit to suggest?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom