More threads by Matt Chauhan

Matt Chauhan

Reaction score
We know that the PO box address is not allowed to create a Google Business Profile. But are there any exceptions to it? We have a new client recently onboarded with us. He has a GBP successfully running on a PO box address without any issues. The area in which the business provides its service is at a high altitude, and it's almost impossible for the client to have a physical office in the area. So he used the PO box address to create the GBP. Please advise on how we should go further with this situation.

The client may not have had any issues in the past but that does not mean they will continue to have no issues.

Is the address hidden on the listing? If not I would advice hiding it ASAP. This won't stop Google from seeing it is a PO box if they ever decide to look, but it's a good precautionary measure. If Google ever suspends the listing, they will have a tough time getting it reinstated because there are no exceptions to this rule.

I advice explaining the risks to the client and allowing them to make their choice. The can always verify their listing to their home or whatever address their business is registered to and put themselves in a much safer position.

The client may not have had any issues in the past but that does not mean they will continue to have no issues.

Is the address hidden on the listing? If not I would advice hiding it ASAP. This won't stop Google from seeing it is a PO box if they ever decide to look, but it's a good precautionary measure. If Google ever suspends the listing, they will have a tough time getting it reinstated because there are no exceptions to this rule.

I advice explaining the risks to the client and allowing them to make their choice. The can always verify their listing to their home or whatever address their business is registered to and put themselves in a much safer position.

Thanks!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom