More threads by Cordell Crowley

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been working for almost a month now on a client's reinstatement on Google and finally received back a reply recently that says "Per our quality guidelines, your business isn’t eligible to display on Google Maps. Specifically, due to online business. The business website on your business profile shows it is an online business hence we cannot reinstate the business profile. "

So first off all this is just blatantly untrue and I'm not sure how Google came to this conclusion. Second, is there any way I can re-escalate the issue or have someone else look at it to make sure I haven't missed anything? The business is a local flower delivery business operated out of the home; customers can place orders online or over the phone. Flower arrangements are designed on-site at the home address and then delivered to the customer in-person within the delivery area. All of Google's guidelines regarding what a "service-area business" are fit this business perfectly- it is not an "online business" as they claim in the denied reinstatement. I provided both a tax certificate and a utility bill to GBP Support showing the business name and address to no avail.

Business Name: Lulas Floral & Gifts
Address: 437 N. Illinois Ave, Glenwood, IL 60425 (Hidden on the GBP)
Google Case ID: [2-9760000032988] For the Reinstatement
6-8721000033546 Second Case ID From a chat with Google looking for an ETA/update on the reinstatement.

Any help or advice here is appreciated because I'm at a loss here, especially given what Google said in the denied reinstatement email; I'd never seen or heard that before for any of my clients. I tried posting this as a post on the Google Business Community Forum but I kept getting an error message that I've reached my posting limit (even though it was my only post?) so figured I'd come here.

I would reply to the denial email and send them photos and videos that show the brick and mortar location, signage, and the address so it is crystal clear to them.

I would reply to the denial email and send them photos and videos that show the brick and mortar location, signage, and the address so it is crystal clear to them.

It is a service-area business operated out of the owner's home so she doesn't have a true brick-and-mortar storefront or signage for it. Would photos of the home + address be enough in that case? I guess Google's concern is that the location (whether operated out of the home or not) just simply isn't real?

Show them vehicles with signage, the software you use for the business, and showing them an actual job in progress can work.

Hello All,

I've been working for almost a month now on a client's reinstatement on Google and finally received back a reply recently that says "Per our quality guidelines, your business isn’t eligible to display on Google Maps. Specifically, due to online business. The business website on your business profile shows it is an online business hence we cannot reinstate the business profile. "

So first off all this is just blatantly untrue and I'm not sure how Google came to this conclusion. Second, is there any way I can re-escalate the issue or have someone else look at it to make sure I haven't missed anything? The business is a local flower delivery business operated out of the home; customers can place orders online or over the phone. Flower arrangements are designed on-site at the home address and then delivered to the customer in-person within the delivery area. All of Google's guidelines regarding what a "service-area business" are fit this business perfectly- it is not an "online business" as they claim in the denied reinstatement. I provided both a tax certificate and a utility bill to GBP Support showing the business name and address to no avail.

Business Name: Lulas Floral & Gifts
Address: 437 N. Illinois Ave, Glenwood, IL 60425 (Hidden on the GBP)
Google Case ID: [2-9760000032988] For the Reinstatement
6-8721000033546 Second Case ID From a chat with Google looking for an ETA/update on the reinstatement.

Any help or advice here is appreciated because I'm at a loss here, especially given what Google said in the denied reinstatement email; I'd never seen or heard that before for any of my clients. I tried posting this as a post on the Google Business Community Forum but I kept getting an error message that I've reached my posting limit (even though it was my only post?) so figured I'd come here.

Does this disqualification by Google mean that your client cannot appear in Google 3 pack?

I would advise doing what Colan was stating, also proving you have a utility bill in the business name will help a lot.

Lastly, look at the website, does it pass the smell test of a service business or look like an online business?

I'm not sure if I missed that - did you add an address to that profile, or is it a pure Service Area Business? Google might not want to reinstate an SAB profile if there's an address on your proofs of eligibility (at least that's what happened to me once).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom