More threads by Gustavo

Gustavo

Reaction score
Hello Local search forum members. I have a client who is thinking of updating their business from having a physical address to service area business in GBP, since they are mainly a mobile service. This means hiding the address in GBP and set them up as SAB. What happens if the address is also removed from the specific location page to match what it is in GBP? Would proper optimization for the location page be, to have a paragraph of text about the areas the business is servicing? How does the concept of NAP works here? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hello Local search forum members. I have a client who is thinking of updating their business from having a physical address to service area business in GBP, since they are mainly a mobile service. This means hiding the address in GBP and set them up as SAB. What happens if the address is also removed from the specific location page to match what it is in GBP? Would proper optimization for the location page be, to have a paragraph of text about the areas the business is servicing? How does the concept of NAP works here? Thanks in advance.

Hi Gustavo,

Does the client's competitors list their addresses?

Overall, I would say the pros of showing your address generally outweigh the cons but I would not suggest changing a listing...
On a following note: In terms of SAB, Does Google have restrictions on how many business could operate per state?

Hi Gustavo,

Does the client's competitors list their addresses?

Overall, I would say the pros of showing your address generally outweigh the cons but I would not suggest changing a listing once it’s been set up. It might cause the listing to require verification again and possibly trigger a suspension.

On a following note: In terms of SAB, Does Google have restrictions on how many business could operate per state?
Hmm, I haven't heard/read anything about Google restricting the number of locations per state; but hopefully someone else might have some insight.

Hope this helps!

Solution
Short answer, don’t hide the address. Long answer. Switching from showing the address to a SAB won’t increase your rankings or performance. There a several studies where hiding the address has tanked the rankings.

I know that @JoyHawkins knows the answer to how many listings you can have in one state. I know that as long as your have employees staffed at the location you can have a GBP. If you are using private residences then it has to be the owner and not regular employees.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom