StefanEarly

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’m new here, it’s great to sign up and join the forum after a year of following from Australia. Since launching our agency the issues and questions are starting to arise, so I’ve decided to ask the community and seek some expert advice. I have a new client who has changed address 3 times since setting up her GMB. She now has a showroom in her local shopping area within another business. She is currently set up as an SAB in her GMB but I have recommended updating her address to the showroom, so that people can find her locally and come in and see her. The problem is we expect that change to probably trigger a post card to be sent out, and in Australia they can take up to 3 months or longer to arrive. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to best proceed? Or do we just have to change the address and see if we need to reverify with the postcard?

Tim Kahlert

Reaction score
Hi Stefan!

From my experience, as long as you've verified the listing via postcard as a SAB before, the chance of getting suspended or "pending" is very low. Also, if she´s changed the address several times before and depending on whether those addresses are far apart from each other, a new verified address can benefit her since Google uses the verification address to determine proximity. If someone searches from anywhere close to the showroom and the verification address is a few kilometers away chances are that the showroom won't pop up in the local search results at all because the address is just too irrelevant. I'd definitely give this a go.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
1 GMB Listing Disabled after updating address... Google My Business & Google Maps 12
ganapathy How to Update New Business Address in Existing GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 4
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
BenFisher PSA: GMB Not Showing Address Form on Verification - BUG Google My Business & Google Maps 3
L How to reset the address that has been hidden on GMB, if they move locations? Local Search 1
S How to remove a GMB from maps of a previous owner who ran 3 businesses from the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Two Different Business Places at the Same Address: Should I Add Them to GMB? Local Search 1
J Trying to figure out correct address format for GMB profile Moving or Name Changes 4
P GMB Physical Address Keeps Reverting Local Search 4
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
F How To Determine a Good GMB Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
P Is it possible to create a second GMB page for a new business based at same address and landline? Multi-Location Issues 1
P How to clain GMB with wrong address? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Tim Colling How to find the email address of another User on a GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 3
david.victor Brand New GMB Listing Suspended (I think) because of...address(?) NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
G Address not usable for GMB location Moving or Name Changes 2
L How to get GMB listing to trigger with no address? Service Area Businesses 4
Jen Currier Can a Business have two GMB listings within the same state if one is set up as a SAB and the other w/a Physical Address? Google Duplicates & Merges 5
K Help to access GMB page where no longer own email address Help & Support for Google Local 3
Travis Van Slooten Using Home Address for GMB and UPS Address for Citations?? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 10
Rich Owings SAB with hidden address moving their office - How to handle in GMB? Service Area Businesses 5
H GMB suspended for wrong address on website? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Travis Van Slooten GMB Dashboard Has One Address But Displays a Different Address in Maps? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
nathangdavidson Competitor has added additional GMB profile for their home address, allowed? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Travis Van Slooten Client's 3+ Year GMB Listing Uses UPS Address (Leave As-Is or Change)? Moving or Name Changes 6
M Sharing the Exact Same Address As Another GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Charles Jenkins Can a home based business list address on GMB? Local Search 2
Tim Colling Address change to "unstick" new GMB listing stuck in "Review" Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Oliver Keates GMB - Two businesses at one address Google My Business & Google Maps 3
pauieee GMB without physical address Local Search 7
Aly Kurtz Car Dealerships and Addresses on GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Annika Neudecker GMB listings not associating with address pages Google My Business & Google Maps 14
S My Competitor's GMB Address Is a Starbucks Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Cherie Dickey Map showing in Address section in GMB dashboard Google News: Important Changes & Features 3
BrentCarnduff GMB Filtering similar businesses with same address? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
iwebresults Help - 2 Different Addresses and GMB Listings - for 1 Business Google My Business & Google Maps 7
C Two SABs at one address - Google wants to close one GMB down Service Area Businesses 5
Caroline Two SABs at one address - Google wants to close one GMB down Service Area Businesses 5
Klaas Koopman Two GMB, but can only login to 1, both same address? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
billbean GMB Listing for Temporary Address Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Maurice Lehr Which address is best for new GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
B GMB or Map Maker - Editing business address Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Christa Morgante Main/Practitioner Listings Marked as Duplicate Addresses in GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 6
amy.inbound Automated Address Edits in the New GMB Dashboard Help & Support for Google Local 5
C GMB Help Center - Suite# Goes on First Address Line NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 13
Colan Nielsen GMB Help Center - Suite# Goes on First Address Line NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 13
Chris Ratchford Google Ads- Local Pack- one GMB location only? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
hannahmoen "Work" Replacing Business Name on GMB for Business Owner Help & Support for Google Local 3