More threads by PeteC122

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am currently a friend with her GBM profile. She owns an small estate agency in our local area (Bristol UK) but previously hasn't done much before so is struggling to rank on snack pack and local search. I've done citations, about us , done 2 categories (real estate agent, rental agency business) etc etc for her and added services along with a brief description to her offerings. She is getting reviews which is great but the competition have like 5 times as many so it's it's going to take time.My question is that I've seen a local competitors have used "products" in their GMB profile which includes a description and link to the relevant category page on their website. I thought this looked like a good idea but wasn't sure if it's allowed. Does anyone know ?. Also Is there anything else I can do to help improve her GMB. She currently publishes posts on her website but these come from a 3rd party who supply the same post to a number of estate agents so they all get the same wording.. I know ideally , you would want to rewrite the post for uniqueness etc but should I get her to post these on her GMB aswell. Do you think that would help with seo ? or the fact that the posts appear on numberous sites mean it wouldn't help. Any further reccomendations for quick wins or links to useful articles would be greatly appreciated. thanks Pete

She is getting reviews which is great but the competition have like 5 times as many so it's it's going to take time.
I would make this a top priority. What are you currently doing do gather reviews? Does she have enough volume of business to increase the frequency of reviews?

My question is that I've seen a local competitors have used "products" in their GMB profile which includes a description and link to the relevant category page on their website. I thought this looked like a good idea but wasn't sure if it's allowed. Does anyone know ?.
I wouldn't waste time with Products.

Also Is there anything else I can do to help improve her GMB. She currently publishes posts on her website but these come from a 3rd party who supply the same post to a number of estate agents so they all get the same wording.. I know ideally , you would want to rewrite the post for uniqueness etc but should I get her to post these on her GMB aswell. Do you think that would help with seo ?
Focus on making the core service pages as good as possible and keep them updated over time. Blog posts have a place but make sure the foundational pages are prioritized.

You might find this article helpful to prioritize what to focus on - How to improve your local ranking on Google - Google Business Profile Help

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Navigating GBP Support

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom