More threads by valentinb13

Reaction score
Needing some advice/guidance here: client has started a brand new business, they are using a PO Box for their business address. We told them we wouldn't be able to use that and we'd need a physical address to setup the GMB. They opted to use their residence (they are strictly a service based—no client would go to their location anyway).

Issue is, they do not want to use their residential/GMB address on citations, they would prefer to use the PO Box.

My concern is using the PO Box for citations (other than the GMB) is going to cause inconsistencies. But since they're a brand new company I think they need some higher level citations. Would it be better to use the PO Box on other citations? Or not bother with them at all?

@valentinb13, most of the important citation sources allow you to hide your address, or specify a service area, or both. So what I'd suggest is you use the home address for GMB, use the home address on the local listings that let you hide the address, and skip the listings that insist on a full address.

Relevant posts:

@valentinb13, most of the important citation sources allow you to hide your address, or specify a service area, or both. So what I'd suggest is you use the home address for GMB, use the home address on the local listings that let you hide the address, and skip the listings that insist on a full address.

Relevant posts:
Thank you — this is what we were leaning towards but was curious if it was the best course of action.

Relevant posts:
What do you think of claiming a GM...the constraints of GMB location requirements.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom