More threads by kathleen.rhodes

Reaction score
I'm looking for help with this @BenFisher, @JoyHawkins. I have a client, a personal trainer, whose Google Business Profile was doing very well, ranking in positions 3-5 for about 6-7 search terms.

He happened to Google his business name recently (i.e., a very branded search) and a competitor's profile showed up in a one-box, but not his own. We reported that that business was keyword stuffing his business name and I believe that this issue is no longer happening.

However, my client's Profile (i.e., a search for his branded business name) can't be found anywhere in "Other businesses" or maps results. I use BrightLocal to track ranking and GBP results and his rankings have totally tanked. His profile has totally disappeared from Maps results in those reports.

I looked into this in some detail and submitted a ticket to Google, [0-7060000033457]. However, they keep coming back with stuff like "if you still have a problem, reply to this email."

I also created a thread on the Google Business Profile Help Community that outlines what's going on and includes screenshots: Google Business Profile suddenly disappeared from search and maps results - Google Business Profile Community

I've never seen anything like this where a Profile just "disappears." It hasn't been suspended and the client hasn't been trying any shenanigans.

Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated!!!

Hey Kathleen,

We have a new rule on the forum about not posting threads to other communities so if you could remove your link that would be super.

It looks like your listing is impacted by the Kansas bug which made a reappearance recently. I was only able to find it after I set my location to Independence, KS

Google is aware of the issue and working on a fix but you will likely be waiting a week or 2.

What I get when I've got my location set to Independence, KS:

1663689362165.jpg

Hey Kathleen,

We have a new rule on the forum about not posting threads to other communities so if you could remove your link that would be super.

It looks like your listing is impacted by the Kansas bug which made a reappearance recently. I was only able to find it after I set my location to Independence, KS

Google is aware of the issue and working on a fix but you will likely be waiting a week or 2.

Thanks for your replies @JoyHawkins and sorry not to have known about the rule to not link to threads. I'm trying to figure out how to edit/remove it.
Hey Kathleen,

Thanks for your replies @JoyHawkins and sorry not to have known about the rule to not link to threads. I'm trying to figure out how to edit/remove it.

Yeah, the issue is still not 100% fixed.

This morning, I too noticed that 3 of 4 of my client's store listings completely disappeared maps results as if the listings never existed! Their website is ranking fine. Please keep us posted if you learn anything from this strange bug. 👍🏼👍

As of yesterday, my client's profile came back. Not only back in terms of being able to be found and seen, but also back into the 3-pack for a variety of terms for which he previously ranked. Thanks @JoyHawkins for your updates and suggestions.

Lol I'm currently in Uganda so it's 7 hours ahead of my normal Eastern Time Zone 😎

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom