More threads by Daniel L

Daniel L

Reaction score
Hello,

I have found Google displaying incorrect information on the "find results on" section. My clients cleaning company domain is being displayed as a hotel domain?

Is there any way of editing this? Or contacting google to sort?

Thank you inadvance.

Daniel

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 12.28.31.png

Hi Colan,

Thank you for your reply. If you type into Google "Carpet Cleaning Hastings" from the UK. You'll see the "Find results on" section.

See screenshot.

Thank you advance.

Daniel

Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 13.27.40.png

In response to EU Anti Trust/Competition investigations, in 2019 Google changed the SERPs for local searches to include other directories before the local pack. Even though the UK is not part of EU anymore, Google is still maintaining the same SERPs, at least for now.

Example result for Dublin:
1613381617137.png

Basically, hotels.uk.com is a directory and you should be able to contact them to remove your clients listing.

But why would you? Why not take advantage of it?

The above issue is still displaying after sending multiple requests to google.

It does not matter how many requests you send, Google will not help you with this issue.
If you want the issue resolved, you need to contact the directory and ask them to remove your business.

Appears that the directory is run by Queensborough Group, here is their contact page: Contact Q-Book Online Booking Software

In case, there don't respond to you, you should make a complaint to your local Trading Standards.

Hello @Professor M,

Thank you for your advice but Queensborough Group do not have any of my clients information listed at all. Their directory is for hotels and B&B's not cleaning?

Any other ideas? Ideally we do not want to remove the listing just update it?

Thanks

Daniel

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom