More threads by Dino

LOL Dino! I saw that too. :p

Ya I was going to post when I had time about the serious part of it, the issue about practitioners with multiple locations.

BUT the great divide between what mappers and Map Maker guidelines say
VS what the Place side of the house and the Places guidelines say
is becoming more and more apparent.

Hopefully Mars and Venus will learn to speak the same language soon and the left hand will start knowing what the right is doing too!

And yep Flash is a member here too. I'm sure he'll weigh in when he sees this.

Yeah, would love to get his perspective. I like your analogy of the great divide because it's gaps like this that the bad guys like to exploit.

I also saw the latest post on Mike's blog regarding the easing of Google's review filter. Will wait to see your post on that to comment.

Regards,
Dino

Dino I posted the review filter news this AM the second Google told us we could share it.

Here it is: http://localsearchforum.catalystema...le-local-review-improvements-better-algo.html

FYI there is SOOOOO much info here now.
Tips for finding stuff.

1) Hit "Recent Posts" tab on top. (Very newest posts show there in chron order.)

2) Grab the RSS feed in right sidebar.

3) New improved categories so you can find topics grouped for easy access.
Go to forum home and you'll see them all.
(So the review post is in the new Google Review section of the forum)

Props to Flash. He knows his stuff. Too bad some Googlers don't.

Yeah, would love to get his perspective. I like your analogy of the great divide because it's gaps like this that the bad guys like to exploit.

I also saw the latest post on Mike's blog regarding the easing of Google's review filter. Will wait to see your post on that to comment.

Regards,
Dino
The issue that I see with Places vs MapMaker is that Map Maker is more big-picture thinking where as the Places forum is solely about dealing with business owners, etc. This isn't a negative, but when you only deal with one aspect then the big picture tends to be lost. Business owners are trying to be #1 (which they should be) but they don't necessarily care how certain behaviors could be used by others with bad intent or even more simply of how their policies/practices fit into the Map and affect its usability (Places malforming physical addresses, etc).

Unfortunately I have seen Places support for Google make edits/reviews which counter the Map Maker guidelines. Its tough for Google to maintain a united front on Google Maps when they have separate policies which aren't in sync and the teams are under different leadership.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom