More threads by mandeepb

mandeepb

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new here. My question regarding Google maps rankings. I have been trying to rank one of my client's keywords "bathroom renovations Melbourne" in Google maps. It showed on the 11th since I optimized the GMB profile. Then dropped off to 17th, then 21st. Sometimes it gets disappeared. Don't know why this is occurring.

I am tracking these keywords through the Bright Local tool, which doesn't show them anywhere in the Google maps.

Could you please suggest to me any approach I should have to make it stable in the Google maps rankings?

Thank you so much.

@mandeepb and I messaged back and forth about this mystery, and I believe his client's listing is getting hit with the local filter. There is another listing at the same address, in a different suite, that has a very strong GMB profile, and the two listings are swapping back and forth -- thus causing the odd and unstable rankings.

Is Your Google My Business Listing Getting Filtered?

I'm following to see what the solution here might be...

Is the other business listing another SAB in the same industry, using the same categories?

Both listings have the same primary category, so they're going head to head for the same search term, and unfortunately the other listing has just about the strongest profile in the entire area.

Given the strength of the competition, my first thought would be a tactical retreat, and refocusing on other keywords and potentially changing the primary category -- that said, I don't know these businesses in-depth, so I'm not sure how practical that is.

It could be the "Kansas" bug- Aussie version :), as some Australia service area listings got their address reset to Ghan, NT if you are in Australia.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom