More threads by aaronb

aaronb

Reaction score
We have a client that moved physical locations. We have now verified the location twice via postcard. Each time as soon as the new address is verified it goes to "pending edits" on the address with it showing in orange. After 10 to 15 minutes the GBP goes to verified but with the edit of the old address showing on the listing. The new address also has never gone fully live on maps or organic. We have gone through and double checked the website and citations to make sure they all have the new address and there is not a confusion on Google's end with what is crawled and everything checks out that the new address should go through once verified. Can anyone hopefully a product expert please help us figure out why Google is blocking the updated address on the GBP and get it updated asap? I added a thread over a week ago in the Help Community but it has not been answered yet. Thanks!

No worries at all. It's a brand new policy to keep the content at the Local Search Forum high quality and useful.

The GBP Forum is very backed-up and keep in mind that all of the product experts are volunteers with day jobs. Someone will get to it eventually.

Thanks, Colan! I fully understand the new policy and appreciate trying too keep the quality of items in the forum the highest it can be. I'll just keep an eye out on the GBP forum and I'm sure I'll get help there soon. Thanks again!

Hello, try making the edit using "suggest edit" button found on Maps or the knowledge card in SERP's.
I find it often fixes this kind of issue.

Hello, try making the edit using "suggest edit" button found on Maps or the knowledge card in SERP's.
I find it often fixes this kind of issue.

That won't fix the issue as they still need to get verified. It sounds like Google is reverting the address after the pin postcard arrives.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom