More threads by klharris08

klharris08

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi SEO World,

I have a unique situation going on. USA Mortgage acquired a handful of “Academy Mortgage” locations in Texas

• San Antonio
• Harlingen
• Brownsville
• McAllen (this one has no problem for some reason)

When I search for USA Mortgage in San Antonio, Harlingen or Brownsville – no GB Profile appears. But when I search for "Academy Mortgage" (the old business name) in San Antonio, Harlingen, or Brownsville, the USA Mortgage listing shows.

Does anybody know why the listings don't rank for the new business name, and instead only rank for the old business name?

1.jpg

2.jpg

I assume the old existing GBP's were updated with the new name? It could take some time for Google to understand. Have you done a clean-up/update of all the important business directories, data providers etc?

In the past I have used new content to displace old content.
I assume the old existing GBP's were updated with the new name? It could take some time for Google to understand. Have you done a clean-up/update of all the important business directories, data providers etc?

Probably most beneficial anyhow, as branded search transition slowly finds it's way.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom