More threads by PeteKernow

PeteKernow

Reaction score
Hi. Hoping for advice here as it's always been way more helpful than Google itself. I have two GMB listings, in different cities. LIsting A is older and has many good reviews. LIsting B is much newer and has no reviews. The name of LIsting A is specific to the city in which it's located, but I have quit practicing in that city, so I want to shift everything to Listing B.

GMB replied
"I understand that you want to transfer the reviews from the old profile to a new profile.... Upon checking I see that both the profiles are Live on Google Search & Maps. And also both the profiles information is different hence as per the guidelines we can't transfer the reviews."

I therefore changed the name and all other information on the LIsting A to match LIsting B.

GMB then replied "
upon checking I see that you have changed the business name but still we could consider when the profiles are created they had the different business names hence we will not be able to proceed further"

I am trying to make them understand that the profile refers to me and to the professional service I provide, which is exactly the same in both locations. (I am a psychotherapist, working on my own) In their second reply they seem to be implying that a business created under one name will always retain its identity as that business, and therefore reviews pertaining to it cannot be transferred to a new business name, even though the two businesses are identical. This makes no sense to me. Is there anything more I should be doing?

Google looks at this from the perspective of a traditional brick and mortar business. Imagine two restaurants or two clothing stores under the same ownership.

Google will refuse to transfer the reviews, because they are two different locations. The experience people had at one location do not apply to the experience people may have at the other location. For example, maybe someone left a review that there was a dog that bit them at the other location, or that the receptionist was rude, or that parking was bad.

For this reason, I think you’re unlikely to be able to convince Google to move the reviews.

I know there are nuances in your case where you could argue that all the reviews are for YOU the person, and so they should apply to the other location too, but Google won’t typically consider nuances. They just go by their rule book.

Google looks at this from the perspective of a traditional brick and mortar business. Imagine two restaurants or two clothing stores under the same ownership.

Google will refuse to transfer the reviews, because they are two different locations. The experience people had at one location do not apply to the experience people may have at the other location. For example, maybe someone left a review that there was a dog that bit them at the other location, or that the receptionist was rude, or that parking was bad.

For this reason, I think you’re unlikely to be able to convince Google to move the reviews.

I know there are nuances in your case where you could argue that all the reviews are for YOU the person, and so they should apply to the other location too, but Google won’t typically consider nuances. They just go by their rule book.

Thanks but they have moved reviews on previous occasions when I've moved to a different location.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom