More threads by intlocal

Reaction score
Hi,
today I logged into my client's GMB dashboard and saw all 125 locations to be suspended :( All are legit.

Could it have something to do with Google account? Or could one listing suspend all the rest?

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Yikes! That sounds like an account level suspension OR one of the listings, that you are an owner of, has an account (user) that has been banned.

Start looking at all managers and users and start removing people.

Another thing to note, do you do a lot of public edits? That can lead to an account suspension.

Thank you for a reply. Yes, I also suspected that the ownership of a faulty listing might affect other listings with the ownership role. However, even the listings with the manager role have also been hit.

G. account is on the level 7 as a local guide. It has 48 places edits so far. And the account is more than 8 years old.

Last edited:
Yikes! That sounds like an account level suspension OR one of the listings, that you are an owner of, has an account (user) that has been banned.

Start looking at all managers and users and start removing people.

Another thing to note, do you do a lot of public edits? That can lead to an account suspension.

Ben - I do huge amounts of public edits as a Google local Guide in many locations, and also manage a handful of GMBs. I had not heard of editting being a potential problem. Do you have any links to more information on this? Thanks.

I can confirm that I've seen several cases lately where edits on Google Maps that are deemed spammy cause an account-level suspension in Google My Business.
Wow, I didn't realize that suggesting an edit as a local guide would cause account-level suspension in Google My Business.

I can confirm that I've seen several cases lately where edits on Google Maps that are deemed spammy cause an account-level suspension in Google My Business.
I see. Do you have any idea how to remove such account-level suspension?

Aaaand, this is why, when I began receiving autodenials on spammy title edits, I stopped submitting them for GLGs. I didn't know there was a correlation, but didn't want to chance anything. Thanks, @JoyHawkins for confirming my suspicions.

I see. Do you have any idea how to remove such account-level suspension?
I'd remove all listings from your account with any violations (even just keyword stuffing) and apply for reinstatement. If you can't get anywhere with that, you might want to have someone look over your list of businesses for violations. If all else fails, you can create a new account.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom