More threads by Mike Pedersen

Reaction score
I recently came across Rank Ranger. It looks pretty good.

I am looking for an accurate tool to track google maps and organic rankings, as well as competitive analysis to show us what we need to do to be the competitors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! It has been a few years since I last used them, but they were great!

I like the fact that they can do daily tracking, so even if you don't check in daily, when you do look at the reports and anything went wrong (or right) you can narrow down the exact date of the movement.

The reason I stopped using them, was that I wanted to somewhat get away from relying on ranking reports, and I also had other tools (like Bright Local) that also did rank tracking and I didn't want to pay for duplicated services. So I sacrificed daily reporting for weekly/monthly.

When I did use them, I really liked their service and reports.

You should really consider using Places Scout. It does all the reporting you're looking for and more.

To be fair though, I've never used Rank Ranger.

Can you compare Bright Local to Places Scout?

I have both but use PS the most.

To be fair, once again, I only am really interested in the rank tracker. It tells me pretty much all I need to know.

PS rank tracker blows BrightLocal rank tracker out of the water.

However, both platforms have other tools as well that I haven't really explored.

For instance, PS has a lead generator you can use to find a good list of prospects by pulling from maps for a location.

BrightLocal has a nifty quick audit you can do in a snap and email/hand to the client which shows them (normally) they have a lot of progress to make. It's quick and can be branded and really gets a prospect's curiosity up.

So they both have unique features.

And then there are some similar ones.

For instance, they both have citation trackers but I can't compare those very well. However, I'm sure someone else on here can.

If I personally had to choose between one or the other, I would choose PS. It is going to be a bit more expensive though because of how robust it is.

FYI Mike,

You can't buy PS right now.

The old version was discontinued last year and is no longer supported.

I was supposed to start BETA testing the new online version in January but it's still not ready. I have not heard an ETA from Mark lately, but it just keeps getting moved back.

FYI Mike,

You can't buy PS right now.

The old version was discontinued last year and is no longer supported.

I was supposed to start BETA testing the new online version in January but it's still not ready. I have not heard an ETA from Mark lately, but it just keeps getting moved back.

Should be out pretty soon. Beta is over. They sent out a launch email last week and I was expecting it this week. Not sure if that's still the timetable or not.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom