More threads by sarmcl

sarmcl

Solutions
Reaction score
Has anyone utilized adding the "Health Insurance" options to your GMB dashboard? I know @krystaltaing wrote and article back in March about it. I was wondering pros and cons. I know it was launched in 2020 but we are being asked about it now. I was trying to avoid this as we know with new options it can be buggy.

Was wondering what your experience was? Worth the time or nah?

Has anyone utilized adding the "Health Insurance" options to your GMB dashboard? I know @krystaltaing wrote and article back in March about it. I was wondering pros and cons. I know it was launched in 2020 but we are being asked about it now. I was trying to avoid this as we know with new options it can be buggy.

From my last recollection, GMB pulls that info from Healthgrades - can't remember where I learned that, probably here. Correct it in HG then correct it in GMB is the only method I know and practice.

We service quite a number of healthcare clients, one in particular has several locations across two states. They were eligible to start using the "Health Insurance" feature/attribute in GMB very early on. When it first came out it was frustrating because the 3rd party they are using had some carriers listed as being eligible for insurance and also their were numerous obsolete plans from carriers listed. The process was very manual and cumbersome on how to submit changes. The process for correcting information directly via GMB has greatly improved. I would strongly suggest using the feature if it is available to you. Simply based on keyword research and analytics of our clients, by far, one of the most common things that prospective patients want to know, is if the provider accepts their insurance. Having that info available to them via GMB is often more convenient than having to find it somewhere on the website. In regards to an earlier comment by another forum member, I don't think Healthgrades is used by Google for this functionality, but I could be wrong. I'm fairly sure that there may be more than one provider, such as zocdoc.com but in any case you can now edit the insurance info directly on GMB. @krystaltaing may have some additional insight. She authored an article on LocalU's website you might want to check out: GMB Insurance Info Management for Healthcare Providers

I would definitely advocate leveraging this info if you are a healthcare based business. & Yes, my understanding is also that Google was sourcing a lot of this data from Vitals, Healthgrades, and Doctor.com before making accessible for businesses to edit directly in GMB.

I would definitely advocate leveraging this info if you are a healthcare based business. & Yes, my understanding is also that Google was sourcing a lot of this data from Vitals, Healthgrades, and Doctor.com before making accessible for businesses to edit directly in GMB.

@krystaltaing I'm looking for a simple list of the available options for this field to share with our corporate pharmacy leadership, I need them to identify the insurance options for our pharmacy locations and then I will update the GMB.... any idea if a list exists? Thank you.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom