More threads by badgenes

badgenes

Reaction score
We have a multi-location practice that is now taking on multiple providers per location with some seeing patients at both locations. Having read through many of the questions here (with a wealth of information thank you all for this trove) we still have a couple of questions about the concept of using Doctor GMB profiles with GMB Business locations.

1) Is it acceptable to include a location with the business name in the GMB profile and if so does it cause any issues adding this to the profiles (renaming to include this information)? e.g. DrRUS - > DrRUS - Central Clinic, DrRUS2 -> DrRUS - North Clinic
2) As we would like for patients to be able to locate individual providers we will likely be creating Doctor profiles for the providers. I understand there is a 'Located - In' feature to add them to a specific location (Business Profile), however this does not account for those who see patients at each location. From what I've read we would create a 2nd Doctor listing for them (All on the same GMB account) and associate that with the second location. At what point does this become something Google will not allow? e.g. 3 practice locations, 10 providers with 3 profiles each

Thank you

1 - I wouldn't suggest doing this as it will likely cause the doctors to rank for people searching for the practice, which you likely don't want.

2 - Google is fine with practitioners having listings at different locations provided their hours are different since one person can't be in two places at once.

1 - I wouldn't suggest doing this as it will likely cause the doctors to rank for people searching for the practice, which you likely don't want.

2 - Google is fine with practitioners having listings at different locations provided their hours are different since one person can't be in two places at once.
First, thank you for you help! I am unclear on the details if you don't mind me narrowing down those points unclear to me:

In answering question 1, could you clarify? I may have been unclear so to more clearly state it, the practice (business name) name with location information appended in the GMB listing for each location. Rather than post the practice name and have it appear here in search results I used the placeholder of "DrRUS". Otherwise I am not sure and would appreciate clarification.

In answering question 2, is it standard practice to create identically name doctor listings (e.g. Dr. John Doe) and simply flag them "Located In" each location with the appropriate hours or does each listing need to differ somewhat in name?

Thank you again for helping me to understand this rather complex and convuluted system Google has in place.

Let's say the name of the practice is ABC Dental. If you name the pracitioner listing ABC Dental: Joy Hawkins, it means it will likely rank and show up when people search Google for "ABC Dental" which isn't ideal at all because you would want the practice listing to show up for that query. You'd want to name it something like Joy Hawkins, DDS etc.

Yes, the listings can be identical for the name but you likely want to use different phone numbers and landing pages to avoid them being flagged as duplicates.

Let's say the name of the practice is ABC Dental. If you name the pracitioner listing ABC Dental: Joy Hawkins, it means it will likely rank and show up when people search Google for "ABC Dental" which isn't ideal at all because you would want the practice listing to show up for that query. You'd want to name it something like Joy Hawkins, DDS etc.

Yes, the listings can be identical for the name but you likely want to use different phone numbers and landing pages to avoid them being flagged as duplicates.

Thank you! Gotcha, so providers should just always be their name. For the individual practice names (each location) is it better to just have the practice name "DrRUS" or "DrRUS - North" and "DrRUS - South"? From other threads I've seen here it would seem best to just stick with the business name however several other businesses (same industry) in town utilize a moniker to easily illustrate their area of town (e.g. "- North Clinic" after the business name. Does it really matter either way with that on each location or is that how you get the additional "See locations" in Maps searching? I realize I'm asking a lot and I truly appreciate your patience and help!

Last edited:
If the name fo the town is part of how they identify themselves in real life and it's in the logo or on the website, you'd be fine to include the "north" or "south" in the name.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom