More threads by sarmcl

sarmcl

Solutions
Reaction score
We want to get some information together for a hospital system we handle. They are interested in not only having their main hospital listing but also listings for their departments they have within the hospital(e.g. Ortho, OBGYN, etc)

In order to create the department listings, what do we need to do to avoid these listings being marked as duplicates. I know Google doesnt care about suite numbers so I thought it was as long as we have a different phone number listed, we should be good?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, different phone numbers, photos and web url links will help mitigate any duplicate flags.

Departmental listings in a hospital setting are definitely something Google permits. You can also submit those dept. listings to other networks and they will be fine to display (Apple Maps, Yelp, Bing etc.)

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 9.04.30 AM.jpg

Another thing to consider is if you have a department listing, it won’t always automatically connect to your main (Hospital) listing. If you’re not seeing the “Departments” section on your Knowledge Panel, you can contact Google My Business and have them add it for you.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom