Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I think at this point we all want to build our following on G+.

Plus if you are helping clients with social OR if clients are asking you G+ questions like: "How I find the right demographic of people to follow, circle and posts to comment on in my local area on G+" then this post is for you. I discovered this awhile back and have used it several times, just forgot to share.

<a href="http://booleanblackbelt.com/2013/03/google-plus-search-guide-how-to-search-find-people-on-g/">Google Plus Search Guide: How to Search & Find People on G+</a>
by Boolean Black Belt-Sourcing/Recruiting

Google_Plus_Graphic1.png

The post is VERY long and detailed and there are several ways to search before you get to the gold nugget, I want to draw your attention to, so I'll point it out below.

We all know how to search directly within G+. But regular Google search is still the mother of all search, so I want to be sure you get all the way down to the bottom part:

"How to Find People on Google+ by Location: X-Ray Search"

o this day, using Google to search Google+ remains the best way to reliably find people on Google+ by location...

Back in 2011, when it came to listing locations on Google+ profiles, they were displayed in the ?Places Lived? section.

?Places Lived? doesn?t exist anymore ? it?s now just ?Places,? and the word ?lived? is no longer there to search for exactly as I did in the past.

However, location information from Google+ profiles is now often also displayed in the summary info at the top of a person?s profile, and it can be listed as ?Lived in ________? or ?Lives in _________? ? you can search for either or both...

That's just a few snippets, you need to click through to read the rest. But below is an example of a complicated search looking for Google Engineers that live in New York. But it includes synonyms for engineer and filters out dupes that show up due to the same info being on the posts, photos, videos pages, etc.

HTML:
site:plus.google.com (?lives * new york? | ?lived * new york?) (programmer | developer | ?software engineer?) ?works * google? -inurl:(posts|about|photos|videos|plusones)

So if you have a need to seek and find people with laser precision by location and/or other specifics on Google+ that's the ticket!

Google_Plus_Graphic1.png

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Google "Find Results on" Error Local Search 3
C Finding Google User Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Mmclean07 Finding spam on Google - would you want this? Recycle Bin 3
D How to Find ALL Competitor Categories in Google My Business Recycle Bin 1
GreyHatHacks How to Find ALL Competitor Categories in Google My Business Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter How to find a direct link to leave a Google Review for your business Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Caroline S Google Ads Impressions Have Plummeted Suddenly And I Can't Find The Cause Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
jaywilner How to find the url of competitor's Google+ page listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Travis Van Slooten How Do You Find Main Practice & Practitioner Listings in Google Maps? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
B Find CID in Google+ Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
G How do clients search for services (what do they usually type in google to find you) Consultant's Corner 1
Linda Buquet Google Moves Google Maps Embed Code Again - Here is where to find it! Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet Ultimate Guide to Finding Google Local Reviews that were Filtered/Removed Local Reviews 6
C Best Ways to Find Duplicate Google Places/Plus Listings (Post Pigeon) Google Duplicates & Merges 10
Colan Nielsen Best Ways to Find Duplicate Google Places/Plus Listings (Post Pigeon) Google Duplicates & Merges 10
7 Google finds other review sites for my competitors, NOT me!!! Help & Support for Google Local 2
Linda Buquet Seek and Find LOCALLY - Google Now Alerts for Local Product Search Local Search 1
rossicone Where to Find Google Troubleshooter Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Travis Van Slooten WTF Has Google Done to Google+ Local Listings Now?? I Can't Find The Listings!! Google My Business & Google Maps 7
shondarogers Can no longer find link to google maps embed code Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Hitler finds out Google Reader is shutting down Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 2
MiriamEllis Why I Still Find Google's Review Guidelines As Clear As Mud Local Reviews 8
K Google listing now nearly impossible to find Help & Support for Google Local 14
C Google Reviews Posting / Not Posting - Interesting Find Help & Support for Google Local 11
Don Berthiaume When do you find Google makes her changes? Local Search 1
Linda Buquet How to find Google Places CID on the new Google+ Local Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 23
DanielTexasLira Is "Meeting room" still a GMB business category? I can't find it as an option in GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tim Colling How to find the email address of another User on a GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 3
C A way to find a removed review? Local Reviews 2
Chris Ratchford Can't find call tracking on website... need to remove it Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Search Volumes for Every City or Region | How Can I Find Them? Local Search 10
zach.todd Finding listings with fake reviews Local Reviews 3
rayrober Find Results Carousel Local Search 4
Colan Nielsen Find Local Link Opportunities with ZipSprout’s FREE Local Sponsorship Finder! Local SEO Tools & Software 6
Mmclean07 How do you find spam? Spam on Google 26
Mmclean07 GMB spam - how do you find it? Recycle Bin 1
Paul Lappage How do you find the "dashboard URL"? Help & Support for Google Local 1
T Finding Joy and Success in Real Estate Recycle Bin 0
Travis Van Slooten How Do You Find Niche Specific Citation Directories? Local Search 7
djbaxter How to Find Your Threads and Posts How To Guides 0
WAHamilton Trying to Find Category for 'General Contractor' in Canada NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
AndySimpson Using Heat Maps to find a clients next office location Local Search 10
Noelle Leahy Tool to Find Keyword Search Volumes for a Small Town? Google Local 101 6
JoyHawkins "Interesting Finds" on Mobile Searches Google News: Important Changes & Features 6
AndySimpson Queries used to find your business - 1 quarter now available Google News: Important Changes & Features 6
kkbedard Can't Find New Company / Listing in Search results Local Search 8
AllSearch52 Finding keywords that generate 3 pack search results Local Search 4
C Tools in 2018 to find duplicate listings? Google Duplicates & Merges 4
C Tools in 2018 to find duplicate listings? Google Duplicates & Merges 4
S SPAM Re: How to find a good SEO local company? Recycle Bin 0