More threads by Tim Colling

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
We are taking over the management of a few GMB listings and we have obtained "Primary owner" access from the prior SEO agency that used to have that role. They have left themselves on as "Owner" users on those accounts.

I will be removing those user roles but first I would like to find out what the email address is for them. It used to be possible to see what their email address was, but I don't see how to do that anymore.

Is there still some way to do so, or is that no longer possible?

Thank you!

If you click on the Users tab and hover over the name, it should show the full email address for each user.

Thanks, Scott. I just figured out that the "user" that I'm interested in is an agency account, so it only shows the agency name. At least, it looks like that's what is happening.

Sounds right Tim. There will not be an email shown if it is an agency account, I assume you see an icon as well.

Ben, running into the same issue.

What do you mean by "agency account?

Is this just an email address that handles multiple GBPs, or an account that is actually registered with a GBP Agency Dashboard?

Also, if the client does have an agency account, and they are unable to find out what the email is ... is their anyway to retrieve the associated email address?

Thanks for your help!

@BenFisher

Last edited:
Ben, running into the same issue.

What do you mean by "agency account?

Is this just an email address that handles multiple GBPs, or an account that is actually registered with a GBP Agency Dashboard?

Also, if the client does have an agency account, and they are unable to find out what the email is ... is their anyway to retrieve the associated email address?

Thanks for your help!

Agency accounts have certain differences that apply to them. For example, all profiles in them must be part of a GBP group. it's in fact that GBP group which is displayed as a user rather than the account itself, which is what hides the email. (I do not know if having a GBP group in a non-agency account will have the same result)

Because of that, the invitation is not made with the email, but rather an ID number for the GBP group within the account. They also have a special dashboard for managing the invites sent to them.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom