WAHamilton

Reaction score
This is a weird one, so I'm hoping that your bright minds/collective experience will be able to help me.

I am doing work for a home builder who wants to list their model home/sales office as a GmB location. The only problem is that the model home is located in a new development that does not exist on Google Maps yet. The office can receive mail, so they could technically verify their location with a postcard, but only part of the street is not showing in maps -- and their current location seems to be located in the middle of a field.

The client is asking me, "how do we get Google to drive around with the car and the camera?", which is a hilarious question -- but the truth is I am kinda stumped. Does anyone know what Google's process is for adding new developments/streets to maps? Do we just have to wait or is there some way to flag these things and speed the process along?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hey there,

That does sound like quite a pickle! By the looks of things, you could submit feedback to Google Maps as this issue would technically count as a "missing" road — something Google considers a possible criteria for feedback. You could also try adding a missing place. That said, I don't think either of those options will lead Google to send a camera round to your client's location!

As you'd expect, Google doesn't take street view mapping requests, but you can recommend an area for an imagery update, which might be worth doing.

I'd suggest trying either or both of the options above and then popping Google a message directly to let them know. Other than that, it seems like you might be in for a bit of a waiting game here, unfortunately!

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Those are good tips. Also, I would navigate to the model home using Google Maps and hope they ask for feedback on accuracy.

And talk to the local 111 coordinator. In the U.S., county 911 coordinators are usually part of the process for officially adding new streets. If that's not the case in NZ, perhaps they can tell you who does that there.

WAHamilton

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys! I have submitted feedback to Google and I guess that I'll have to play the waiting game for now.

The county 911 coordinator is a really good suggestion, so I'll look into that further. The client is actually in Canada, so I'll have to figure out how to do that from abroad.

Much appreciated :)

CraigJMount

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Contact a local Street View trusted pro, this is the old Google Trusted Photographer program. They have a higher level of access w/ photos in GMB, including the ability to edit the Street View for a location.

WAHamilton

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion @CraigJMount! This is great info for down the road, but I think I should've clarified something. It isn't that there's no street view for the road -- it's that the road literally doesn't exist in Google Maps right now.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 2
D Google Maps, Years in Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Vickyboli Google maps pin misplaced Google My Business & Google Maps 6
L Google Maps 'Details' section - Can you add to this or edit? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
M Decreased traffic to Google maps due to local service ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
J Why is my label in Google Maps blue instead of red? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
K New Real Estate (apartments) on Google Maps Local Search 2
Professor M Google Maps and Google My Business Big Changes - Google Maps Local News Feed Google My Business & Google Maps 26
Professor M Google Maps Update - live status of takeout and delivery orders when you book or order from Google Maps on Android and iOS Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
pbarnhart Google Maps Test - USPS cross-referencing for deliverability Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Brian Barwig Why You Should Embed a Google Map on Your Website Google My Business & Google Maps 1
NickB-Tampa URL is updated in Google My Business but doesn't show up correctly in maps or on Bright Local Local Search 2
A Big Issue with Google Map Rankings For Everyone Local Search 9
U How is Google Selecting Places on Google Local Context Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 0
MKubot Google Maps Embed on Landing Page - Helpful? Google Local 101 4
k.ivanova Google My Business & Google Maps forum threads being deleted Google My Business & Google Maps 11
djbaxter Google Maps Travel Time Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
P Claiming 100 locations on Google Maps - what's the best approach? Multi-Location Issues 4
jimmydoubleu Google business not listed/found on Search/Map after merge Google Duplicates & Merges 6
JoshuaMackens Google Maps Spam Fighting - Edits Not Approved - Solution? Local Search 28
dave101 Shown vs Hidden Address on Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter Google Maps Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
AndySimpson Probably just a test BUT....GMB carousel on Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 3
CraigJMount Mobility Reports- Apple Maps & Google Maps Local Search 2
jimmydoubleu Verified Google My Business not showing up in Knowledge Panel/Maps Moving or Name Changes 3
N "Fake" Google Map listings Spam on Google 11
S Confused. Very low authority websites keep ranking higher in Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 15
O When do you use Google Maps APIs? Local Content 1
F Replied to some stupid chain email, ended up getting my Google account disabled, got back on, now all my GMB listings are 'Suspended' but live in maps Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Jeffrey Embedding Google Maps Issue Google My Business & Google Maps 6
jimbo5 Icons meaning in Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 19
K Map Pin Does Not Show When Business Owner Googles Their Address Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Justin Mosebach Google Maps Lists (Saved Places) Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Caroline S Best Practices For Submitting Spam Edits On Google Maps? Spam on Google 2
A Google Maps Showing Different Map When Searching Name vs. Address Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Cordell Crowley Unwanted Postmates Link on Google Maps Knowledge Panel Google My Business & Google Maps 37
Cordell Crowley 3-Day Change of Ownership for a Google Maps listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
JoyHawkins "On These Lists" Showing in Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Nathan_NZ Local Pack and Google Maps Correlation Google My Business & Google Maps 1
djbaxter Marketplace uncovers more than 80 fake Toronto area listings on Google Maps Spam on Google 4
Jefflam How do you define ranking well in Google Maps? Ranking Puzzles 5
L Canada Post Address Doesn't Match Google Maps Citations 6
M Google Maps not showing website and directions link Local Search 1
JoyHawkins Google Maps Allows Users to Report Spammy Users Google News: Important Changes & Features 16
JoshuaMackens Interesting Client Drop - Google Maps Local Search 7
Ian Hammond "Your business is verified and is currently being connected to Google Search and Maps" (30+ days) Help & Support for Google Local 3
Marissa Apple Maps Traffic in Google Analytics Citations 27
djbaxter Local U 2019: Map Spam, Review Stars, Google Winning, Yelp Losing, and Joy Hawkins Local Search 0
Ellen Sanity Check - GMB Posts Appearance Google Maps Help & Support for Google Local 1