Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
BrightLocal has a new blog series going for Agencies and SEOs. Wanted to share the info with the members here.

The 1st one is a Q & A with Brian Childers, the CEO of Foxxr.

Agency Q&A: Winning New Customers ? Brian Childers | BrightLocal

This blog post is the first part of an insightful series of interviews we are conducting with successful & well regarded web designers, SEOs and agency owners.

(Below are the questions - Click through to read the answers.)

Qu: How do you identify potential new customers?

Qu: What tools do you use to help you identify potential customers?

Qu: Which 3 channels are most effective at generating new leads?

Qu: What research do you conduct about a potential client before you meet them?

I carry with me a laminated copy of the Local Search Ranking Factors and point out a few areas where they can improve.

Most folks take one look at that and realize that they need to hire a professional.

Qu: What reports/data/information do you present to a potential client in a first meeting?

Qu: What information/data makes potential customers sit up and take notice? (i.e. which part gets them ?hooked?!)

Qu: What?s the most common objection you get from business owners & how do you overcome this?

Qu: What actions do you take to follow up with a customer after that initial meeting?

Qu: How long does it typically take between pitching to a customer & them saying ?yes? to you?

Qu: What length of contract do you start with? (e.g. 3 months, 6 months, no contract?

I copied the questions and you have to click over to read the answers.

But I shared one answer in bold that I thought was pretty sharp!
Laminate the LSRF if you do in-person meetings! I like it!

How do YOU get new customers?

Any tips to share?

Reaction score
Great share.

I especially like the idea of presenting the local ranking factors sheet. It is definitely intimidating to those that don't know what they're looking at.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Need a PPC person for a local search client Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
Linda Buquet Brainstorm: Best Ways to Get New Local Search Clients Fast? Round 3 Consultant's Corner 1
Linda Buquet Brainstorm: Best Ways to Get New Local Search Clients Fast? Round 3 Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Local Search Brainstorm: Best Ways to Get New Clients Fast? Round 2 Consultant's Corner 9
Linda Buquet 17 Tips to Help You Measure Local Search ROI & Keep Your Clients! Joy Hawkins Consultant's Corner 4
Linda Buquet Local Search Consultants - How Do you Organize Client Project Management? Consultant's Corner 13
Linda Buquet Consultants: Have you Tried PEEK for your Local Search Clients Yet? Consultant's Corner 18
Linda Buquet Local Search: Best Ways to Get New Clients Fast! Consultant's Corner 4
Linda Buquet Are the days of $2,000 a month Local SEO clients over? Local Search Pros Discuss Consultant's Corner 0
Linda Buquet Local Search Pros - How do you Prove your Worth to Clients? Consultant's Corner 3
Linda Buquet How to Avoid & Solve Local SEO Client Conflicts - For Local Search Consultants Consultant's Corner 0
Linda Buquet Hot Local Search Client Management Tool Consultant's Corner 5
Linda Buquet 7 Best Practices for Communicating with Local Search Clients Consultant's Corner 0
Cam Is Google going to fix Local Search results favoring PPC clients and Diectories? Local Search 2
Linda Buquet How to Retain Local Search Clients & Increase Revenue Consultant's Corner 1
georgebizpro Client's local rankings tanked in early/mid September, why? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Garrett Sussman How to Develop a Relationship With Your Local Chamber of Commerce for Client Prospecting Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman An Interview with Andrew Shotland: Local SEO Industry Changes, Running a Local SEO Agency, and Helping Clients Succeed Local Reviews 1
L Get Better Content from your Local Clients by Giving them these 4 Suggestions Local Content 5
Linda Buquet Get Better Content from your Local Clients by Giving them these 4 Suggestions Local Content 5
Garrett Sussman 3 New Local Marketing Strategies That Agencies Can Use for Clients Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman How to Educate Clients on What Matters Most In Local Marketing Local Reviews 2
B Client Service is not visible on Local 3 Pack. Local Search 3
HangTenSEO Local SEO and Reports and What to Charge Clients Consultant's Corner 1
Colan Nielsen 10 Ways Local SEOs Can Start Helping Their Clients Get Reviews Local Reviews 4
Linda Buquet Scammy Local SEOs that Hold Client GMB Pages Hostage Spam on Google 3
J Automated solutions for Local SEO clients in Europe? Local SEO Tools & Software 3
Travis Van Slooten How To Use Moz Local as an Agency for Local Clients Citations 13
J All-In-One solutions? Software to optimise & handle many Local SEO clients Local SEO Tools & Software 3
latin_sydney Client using local Skype Number in Sydney AU Local Search 0
H Blogging for local client got 189 visits last month, 9 from their home state Local Search 7
James Watt Brick and Mortar client has a facebook page, but not a local business facebook page. Mobile & Social 2
Linda Buquet Tried this for Local Links and Citations? Brilliant for the Right Type of Client Local Search 4
Tim Colling Client with Multiple Locations - Organic and Local SEO strategy? Local Search 8
Linda Buquet 5 Things that Annoy the Heck out of Your Local SEO Clients - RU Guilty? Consultant's Corner 3
L Getting Content from Local Clients is Like PULLING TEETH! Part 2 - More Tips Local Content 2
Linda Buquet Getting Content from Local Clients is Like PULLING TEETH! Part 2 - More Tips Local Content 2
L Getting Content from Local Clients is Like PULLING TEETH! Tips, Tricks & Tools Local Content 0
Linda Buquet Getting Content from Local Clients is Like PULLING TEETH! Tips, Tricks & Tools Local Content 0
carltonrsmith Has anyone ever worked out a cost-per-lead structure with a local client? Consultant's Corner 5
Linda Buquet Client Moved - Duplicate Citations - How to Handle with Moz Local? Citations 1
Linda Buquet The 30 Minute Local SEO Audit - Winning Road Map for New Client Consult - Darren Shaw Consultant's Corner 2
A How I got my clients proper GMB in the Local Pack Ranking Puzzles 4
Amber Robinson How I got my clients proper GMB in the Local Pack Ranking Puzzles 4
Linda Buquet Simple Ways to Show Potential Clients Why Local SEO Is Important Consultant's Corner 3
G How to access my clients' Google Local accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Lloyd Silver From a potential client: I heard Google local wasn't as important anymore because ... Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet Brainstorm - Best Ways to Get Local SEO Clients Fast? Consultant's Corner 15
eestrada234 Local Seo for a client with 2 seperate business entities in same building Consultant's Corner 8
Vickyboli Why Does My Client Not Rank in Local? Help & Support for Google Local 3