More threads by Tim Kahlert

Tim Kahlert

Solutions
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know how to get the csv file into a good format? Good in terms of easily readable so that one could turn it into a graphic.

screenshot-business.google.com-2021.02.22-23_36_31.png

@Tim Kahlert, the "phone calls" report is a mess. What I'd do is remove a bunch of columns and labels, so you have only the days and numbers of phone calls. Then turn that into a pivot chart.

gmb-pivot-chart.png

gmb-pivot-chart2.png

It's not beautiful, but it is simple and fast.

The "discovery" GMB Insights report is far less cluttered, by the way. (Not that I use or export anything in GMB Insights much.)

Hi @Tim Kahlert , I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly but have you tried importing the csv file to Google sheets? I believe in Excel you can also convert de csv format.

Screenshot_2021-02-23_at_10_15_43.png

Screenshot_2021-02-23_at_10_22_30.png

P.S. We switched to Supermetrics over two years ago for the GMB data extraction and it is well worth it! you can schedule the data extraction and you can export data from many different services/tools like GSC, SEMRUSH, MOZ, etc.

@Tim Kahlert it seems it exported all the data in a single column. Not sure if this is the problem you are trying to solve. If it is, you have to fix the data first - then I will refer to what @Phil Rozek just mentioned above to create a Pivot Table.

To fix the single column issue, follow the steps:

• Highlight the cells with the data
1614205388430.png

• From the menu, click - Data
1614205427967.png

• Click Text to Columns
1614205455537.png

• Select Delimited and click Next
  • Check Comma (it's the one separating your data columns) and click Finish
1614205588737.png

That should separate the data from a single column to multiple columns. Then use it to create pivot charts.

@Tim Kahlert, the "phone calls" report is a mess. What I'd do is remove a bunch of columns and labels, so you have only the days and numbers of phone calls. Then turn that into a pivot chart.

gmb-pivot-chart.png

gmb-pivot-chart2.png

It's not beautiful, but it is simple and fast.

The "discovery" GMB Insights report is far less cluttered, by the way. (Not that I use or export anything in GMB Insights much.)
That's a really good tip, thank you! I expected it to be more user-friendly, to be honest. Not sure if I'm going to use it though. :D

Hi @Tim Kahlert , I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly but have you tried importing the csv file to Google sheets? I believe in Excel you can also convert de csv format.

Screenshot_2021-02-23_at_10_15_43.png

Screenshot_2021-02-23_at_10_22_30.png

P.S. We switched to Supermetrics over two years ago for the GMB data extraction and it is well worth it! you can schedule the data extraction and you can export data from many different services/tools like GSC, SEMRUSH, MOZ, etc.
Thank you! I haven't tried the import, no. I'm not sure if I even want to use it this way. I may check out Supermetrics, thanks.

@Tim Kahlert it seems it exported all the data in a single column. Not sure if this is the problem you are trying to solve. If it is, you have to fix the data first - then I will refer to what @Phil Rozek just mentioned above to create a Pivot Table.

To fix the single column issue, follow the steps:

• Highlight the cells with the data
1614205388430.png

• From the menu, click - Data
1614205427967.png

• Click Text to Columns
1614205455537.png

• Select Delimited and click Next
  • Check Comma (it's the one separating your data columns) and click Finish
1614205588737.png

That should separate the data from a single column to multiple columns. Then use it to create pivot charts.
Man, thanks for that. I ever wanted to know how that works. :D Whenever I have such a problem I will come back to this thread now. haha

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom